★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The VAMPIRE table is the first table of REAL PINBALL where the players have to eliminate the vampire 4 different ways while they have a chance to activate such well-known pinball features, such combos, jackpots and multiballs. As well as there are such features which help the players to collect more scores. REWIND helps them to make their faults undone. SLOW-MOTION gives a chance to aim the ball more precisely. Finally the more scores player collects, the higher position player gets in high score list on OpenFeint and Game Center.

- REVOLUTIONARY 3D GRAPHICS
- MOST REALISTIC BALL PHYSICS
- SPECIAL LIGHT EFFECTS
- NEW GAMEPLAY FEATURES (REWIND, SLOW-MOTION)
- 5 DIFFERENT CAMERA VIEWS
- VARIABLE BALL SIZE
- OPENFEINT AND GAME CENTER SUPPORT
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
I actually picked this up over the weekend, didn't realize that there wasn't a thread already for this.

The game looks fantastic with a good amount of detail. Ask Homework seems to have some of the better graphical looking games on the App Store (with the other pinball set as well as Ball Towers).

The table seems generally fun, I just can't get into it as much for some reason. It's got the usual pinball bells and whistles (not litterally I don't think), but there's just something off. I think it's the feeling of the flippers, to me they feel somewhat spongy and don't hit as hard as I feel the should.

For a buck, it's a decent table to add to your pinball collection, but nothing stands out to me with this one.

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
I'll check this out. Thanks for making the thread drelbs.

Theme Park pinball is an excellent iPhone pin. All three tables are decent, the graphics are slick (love the scratches on the top glass) and *cough* the flippers aren't too big nor do they tilt up too far.
08-29-2011, 12:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I'll check this out. Thanks for making the thread drelbs.

Theme Park pinball is an excellent iPhone pin. All three tables are decent, the graphics are slick (love the scratches on the top glass) and *cough* the flippers aren't too big nor do they tilt up too far.
Yeah, I liked Theme Park pinball quite a bit.

Already bought this one, but haven't synced it over yet. The sub-board and all those ramps look cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Game Impressions

I've only played a bit but for now I guess I like their earlier game better.

The right flipper is barely strong enough to get the ball up the center ramp. I personally prefer three balls to five. Theme Park was more difficult (no savers/kicksbacks) so five was ok but here the game lasts too long. Also slow mo and rewind don't interest me; I'd like to see those relegated to a separate mode. Creaking sound effect happens too often.

So that's a lot of negatives but on the bright side the game looks absolutely beautiful. Table layout seems well thought out: decent flow, lots of stuff to shoot for. The hidden playfield is nice.

Game just needs a little fine tuning to be a winner for me. A "hardcore" mode with steeper table angle, stronger flippers, 3 balls, no slo-mo/rewind would be excellent.
08-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Those are some good suggestions. The dev would do well to take them into account.
08-30-2011, 10:07 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Game Impressions

After sitting down and spending some time with this one, I think I agree with the other posters in the thread that I liked the other game/tables better.

Don't really care for the gimmicks, I'd rather have "real" pinball instead. (pun intended )

I'm getting used to it, but I also don't care for the logo on the ball. And man, that ball is heavy! Multiball is almost more of a chore than it should be (and I think they must have known this as they light the Play Again as soon as the Multiball kicks off - half the time the ejected ball goes right down the drain for me...)

Is anyone noticing hiccups/slowdowns? They seem to be related to when the music switches. Could be I need to free up some RAM before playing...

Overall, despite all this, it's a decent pinball table for a buck. I'd still recommend it, it's just that I'd recommend Theme Park Pinball over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Well I just picked this up and I think it's great. My first game I thought that the ball was too heavy and it made everything a bit more difficult than it should be, but now I think it's more about timing than anything. I can get up the middle ramp fairly regularly now and I have only played 2 games. I think the board is well designed, very impressive, and the feel of the flippers also hits the mark for me. The only thing I can think to improve is the background music, but I don't think anyone is ever going to top Last Gladiators knights table in that respect. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.

I haven't even used all the camera modes, slow-mo or rewind functions yet.