★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

WHO Is The Strongest?! - Comic franchise soon to become a game

08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
WHO Is The Strongest?! - Comic franchise soon to become a game

Hi guys / gals,

An unusual topic title right? Well, we've just finished the first two chapters for the comic of our brand-new soon-to-be-franchise "WHO Is The Strongest?!", and wanted the community's opinion on something iPhone/iPad-related. First, have a look at our cool new website containing said chapters. To read, just click on "Comic":

Finished reading? Like it? We sure hope so! Cause we wanna do more of that real soon, and we wanna create a new fighting game based on the characters you've seen!

Since we are still in the conceptional stage, we'd like YOU to tell us what YOU would want in a fighting game like this. What elements of gameplay would you like to see in there? Would you prefer a round-based fighting game over a real-time one (like Street Fighter)? What other games do you know that do fighting especially well on the iPhone/iPad that you would suggest as a role model title?

Please give us your opinion, we'd really appreciate it!
09-02-2011, 05:19 AM
like it
09-02-2011, 05:41 AM
If you do this, keep the humor. It's what will make you stand out from the rest!

In terms of actual fighting, I don't think traditional elements will work... (as in, not like Street Fighter Volt). Here's an idea: Make it third-person. No, I don't know how to implement it. ^^;

For other gameplay - you have to be able to walk around the school and challenge everyone. Some should be stronger, some weaker, but everyone needs to be "unlocked" straight away - for the player to discover their difficulty.

Maybe implement a timetable feature, with classes teaching moves at certain times in the day / night?
Have an underground movement, Fight Club-style.

Just some ideas~

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at vladimirknight.com or via PM.