Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Free? What a pleasant surprise!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

zoink!! grabbed, and put in the same folder as meganoid
Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Step down that Indiana Jones by tilting or touching over platforms. Could be fun IF…
  1. there wouldn't be an awful distorted and permanent sound you can't switch off separately
  2. there wouldn't be an ugly ad banner at the top of the screen that disturbs gameplay even on iPad (because of the banner you recognize that horrible boulder too late)
Other than that:
  • Difficulty is not balanced after five levels or so even if you go shopping (with won game money), gets way too hard
  • For my taste it's too much pixelated even when it's retro mania
  • FPS could be better (tested on iPad 2)

Not recommended except you have definitely too much time to waste.

Last edited by Habakuk; 08-30-2011 at 03:59 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Disagree with a lot of that...this is a fun game after you get past the first 5 levels. Definitely recommended for fans of arcade games.

Be sure to upgrade your speed first.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 AM

that "distorted" sound, is the sound of the boulder chasing you.. it gives you a hint of the boulder being close and is part of the gameplay.. can always turn down the volume!

the advertising is how we make money and continue to make games. It's also an experiment to see how it goes on iOS.. if enough people ask for an ad-free version we will also release a paid version of the game.

our arcade games are usually challenging and on the hard side because that's what we like! it's not an easy game, but it's more then doable as I completed the game multiple times already (it's not even close to the difficulty of meganoid for example)

not sure what FPS issues you had, but we developed on the iPad2 and it ran fine on our test devices, including our old iPod touch, without slowdowns or other problems. If you can pinpoint any problems you have, I'll make sure we check for any fixes
Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepascal View Post
that "distorted" sound, is the sound of the boulder chasing you.. it gives you a hint of the boulder being close and is part of the gameplay.. can always turn down the volume!

the advertising is how we make money and continue to make games. It's also an experiment to see how it goes on iOS.. if enough people ask for an ad-free version we will also release a paid version of the game.

our arcade games are usually challenging and on the hard side because that's what we like! it's not an easy game, but it's more then doable as I completed the game multiple times already (it's not even close to the difficulty of meganoid for example)

not sure what FPS issues you had, but we developed on the iPad2 and it ran fine on our test devices, including our old iPod touch, without slowdowns or other problems. If you can pinpoint any problems you have, I'll make sure we check for any fixes
Kudos to the dev! Orz
Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 AM

So this one is staying free then?

Didn't even realize it had ads...always play offline.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 AM

it's free as experiment.. we might change this one into a paid version and remove the ads in the future, or release a non-ad version alongside this free one..
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

One pretty major issue I ran into was being able to max out every single upgrade immediately after finishing the very first level just by tapping on them, even though I didn't have the necessary coins available.