★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: OMA REVIEWS : Aurora Feint !

11-09-2008, 12:28 PM
OMA REVIEWS : Aurora Feint !

Hi, welcome at my first review of Aurora Feint.
It's a puzzle game, with a lot of special features.
The goal of the game is to solve a Bejeweld-like puzzle and complete the level. When you complete a level, you can upgrade your skills by buying "Blueprints" in the Store, with crystals you collect by playing the puzzles. If you bought a Blueprint, you can Build them at The Smith. You have to complete a level, specified to the Blueprint you bought.

I think it's a very fantastic game, especially because it is free!
The game has no problems of lagg at all, and it all loads quite fluently.
It takes up to 10 seconds to start up (while it says it takes 30secs).
The games is complex, but not that difficult. It's not 'just a puzzle game', it's the puzzle game with a good system.

I really enjoyed playing it, because it starts very easy, and you can change the difficulty each level.

A few cons:
It's easy to just keep sliding on the screen, what makes the levels easy sometimes, without thinking.
Maybe they need to update this, and make it a bit harder to slide.

Average OMA Rating: 8.5/10

Image:

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!

Last edited by Oma; 11-09-2008 at 01:02 PM.
11-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Who is this OMA i've heard so much about? Thanks for the review... I deleted Aurora Feint a long time ago because of the lack of updates and general clunkiness of the program.. I guess things have changed!

11-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Indeed, there was a big update today, adding some bug fixxes and new stuff.
And, OMA is my nickname
I just use it as tag, because I don't have a site yet !

11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma View Post
Indeed, there was a big update today, adding some bug fixxes and new stuff.
And, OMA is my nickname
I just use it as tag, because I don't have a site yet !
Are you able to tap on World, on the update? The game hangs when I click there.

Stefan
11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Indeed, I remarked this also.
The "World" button doesn't work yet,
maybe it needs another update.
As soon as there is an update, I'll tell you guys.

11-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I really enjoyed this game when I downloaded it a few months ago, but I also deleted it because it didn't seem finished yet. It looks like it will be just as good as "puzzle quest" when its done though.
11-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpan View Post
I really enjoyed this game when I downloaded it a few months ago, but I also deleted it because it didn't seem finished yet. It looks like it will be just as good as "puzzle quest" when its done though.
You may be right, and Puzzle Quest was a superb game.
Though, I'm thinking that I'm a little tired of Aurora Feint. As in, when it finally will be a full/complete game, would I really want to spend any money on it considering how much I've played it and grown tired of it?
Know what I mean? Sure there will be some new elements (at least you'd hope so) but would it be enough to make me buy the actual game? I just don't know....
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I've actually really enjoyed Aurora Feint, it was probably the first game I downloaded for the iPhone. However, I don't really see what is "new" about the latest update. Perhaps this is jsut because I a mstill upset about how the iPhone handles data storage and an earlier update reset me from level 76 to level 1, and since then, I haven't been able to get as excited about replaying 75 levels of the game.
11-10-2008, 03:56 PM
The world icon when selected provides a sample of one of the new music pieces which will be included in the next version of Aurora Feint, and they also said something about a sneak peek at the new look of the next version but I couldn't find that :P
11-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Oma, no-one needs reviews of months old free games, also this review is a bit more like a first impressions