★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Flapcraft is a cheerfully addictive game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, where you play as a handsome Viking doing tricks in the air by flying on a wooden log.

jyhjyh's comments:

--------------------------------------
This game rushes up the hitlist:
iPhone:
http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...?device=iphone
Ipad
http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...d/?device=ipad

Has anybody tried it?
08-30-2011, 10:11 AM
I have tried it and really enjoyed it. The art is really fantastic (as you would expect from the team behind Pixelmator) and the game mechanics works really well - and I'm usually not one to enjoy accelerometer based games. The only negative I can point out is that it's a bit on the short side - other than that it is to me a really brilliantly well-polished game that I would recommend to anyone. The menus might be the best I've encountered in any game on iOS so far, but that's just me fetisch.

I think it's a bit sad that it has not gotten any attention, but the Pixelmator team appears to have done very little to promote it - which is too bad, because I think it is a game that should be perfect for doing well in the App Store.
09-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Game Impressions

I just picked this up and from a technical standpoint couldn't be more impressed. The graphics, sound, physics and controls are all absolutely outstanding.

What I am less impressed with is how the gameplay experience appears to have been stringently contrived. You're given a set of tasks to complete in a row, and most of the time it's fairly guaranteed that you will not be able to complete the next until unlocking the next upgrade. Trying to is still lots of fun, but it becomes apparent fairly quickly that you are going through the motions until you accumulate enough unlock points. This game would have been so much better if only you were given a little bit more freedom to experiment and upgrade along a path of your own choosing.

That said, this is still an enormous amount of fun. There have been a few games of this kind in the past (Fly Kiwi Fly being most notable for mine) but none even begin to approach this one for technical excellence and polish. As an experience to be played through at least once, I still very highly recommend it.
09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Is this a more polished and entertaining version of Potty Racer flash games in terms of gameplay?
09-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.