★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Furmins (physics puzzler from Housemarque)

08-30-2011, 04:28 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Furmins (physics puzzler from Housemarque)

For those who don't know, they are the amazing devs behind Super Stardust, Dead Nation and Outland for PSN. I've been hoping for a port of these games or something new from these devs on iOS, and it seems they want to dip their toes in the water with the tried and true physics puzzleer genre.

The Dead Nation developer is making it a universal app -- meaning compatibility with iThings of all sizes -- with 12 levels and support for in-app purchases of DLC. The "freemium" version will sit alongside a premium universal app, which contains 40 levels spread across four worlds, and a cheaper iPhone/iPod version.

Your goal in Furmins is to guide the rotund race to every level's exit by placing items and bumpers in their path. Considering their pathetic, momentum-driven nature, it's not a huge surprise to learn that you're saving them from a dehydration-induced extinction. Their enormous ruler has rolled over and accidentally blocked the flow of water in a vital river, it says here.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Seriously? Physics puzzler?

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

08-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Heck yeah!!!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Wow, well that's a little different from what they are used to But still it looks great!

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
10-30-2011, 05:30 PM
I had it in my calendar that is is being released tomorrow....but don't know why I did..! Anyone have any news?
01-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
I had it in my calendar that is is being released tomorrow....but don't know why I did..! Anyone have any news?
Greetings from the Housemarque dev-team!

We are quickly nearing the launch. The game is ready and has passed our in-house QA process. We're currently waiting for the Apple certification process to go through. If everything goes well, you should be able to find the game from AppStore well before the end of this month.
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
So what happened? The app got pulled already? Why? Will it be back again?

Edit: Ah, poked around and found this on the Furmin's homepage, just posted there today:

As some of you may have noticed, Furmins cannot be found on the App Store as of today.

This is due a technical problem we (quite unluckily) stumbled upon just after release. The issue is not related to the game itself, but rather with how the Apple Store works. We did all that is in our power to re-publish Furmins as soon as possible, but unfortunately there is a certain procedure to follow and we cannot speed it up in any meaningful way.

Last edited by dclose; 02-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.