★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: OMA REVIEWS: RhinoBall (BOLT) !

11-09-2008, 12:44 PM
OMA REVIEWS: RhinoBall (BOLT) !

Hi, this is another OMA review of an iPod game.
This time, I will discuss the game RhinoBall, the advertising game of the upcoming movie BOLT.
Price = Free

It's a 3D, Race-like game, that uses the accelerometer.
The goal is to roll the ball with the hamster in, to the finish line as fast as you can. On the track, you see a lot of Lightning Bolts which you have to collect. The more Lightning bolts and the fastest time you have, the best Highscore you get.

I think this game has nice graphics, and it's a good idea from the creators of the BOLT movie to create an advertising game. I also like the idea of the short movie clips between the levels. The more you succeed in the game, the more you get to know about the movie.
The gameplay, in my opinion, sucks. I think it's to hard with the accelerometer to finish the lap, collecting a lot of bolts. As I said, the graphics are nice, but I think they could spend a little more time at the handling. There isn't any option to adjust the accelerometer sensitivity, what I really DON'T like at all.
Another con is, that there isn't any variation in the levels at all. Sometimes another car, or a little 'ramp', and that's it. Quite rediciolous for the 48.8 MB.

Average OMA Rating: 6/10

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
11-09-2008, 03:57 PM
i would like a link to the app
screenshots, possibly a video?
i think that would make the review more complete
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Ur being too nice OMA. This game is pure crap. There's like no way u can loose, and three levels? Come on. I'd give it a 2...
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I didn't like it. The graphics and videos were nice but even my kids were bored after 3 minutes.
11-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Indeed, I disliked the game that much, I needed to make a review of it to show people that this app isn't worth a 4+ score ^^

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!