★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In Crimson: Steam Pirates, plumes of black smoke fill the blue Caribbean sky as Thomas Bloods pirate fleet steams aheadover, above, and below the waves. On the surface, ships bristle with swivel cannons and lightning guns. Above, zeppelins drip with incendiary bombs. And below, silent and deadly, submarines stalk their targets, torpedoes at the ready.

Command your fleet and your Steampunk crew using an elegant action interface. Crimson: Steam Pirates turn-based gameplay provides an addicting mixture of strategy and action as you anticipate your enemies moves and counter them, luring them into a deadly hail of weapons fire while uncovering the mystery brewing in the Caribbean.

Crimson: Steam Pirates features:

8 free-to-play voyages begin the tale of Thomas Bloods adventures in the Caribbean
Chapters 2 & 3 feature a total of 16 additional voyages that complete the tale, available as in-app purchases
2 Pass-and-Play multiplayer scenarios
Over a dozen types of ships, subs, and airships
Over 20 unique crew members whose special abilities enhance gameplay

Presented by Bungie Aerospace and conceived by the mind of Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman, creator of the MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes.
08-31-2011, 05:22 AM
FREE? Been looking forward to this one!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

08-31-2011, 05:23 AM
Looks great this game! Hard to believe Bungie helped towards it lol is Master Chief on the ship too? Jk
Free and IAP for the next level set is a pretty decent idea and I think the set is cheap anyway after first 8levels
Will see how it plays gonna get it free now In NZ store

EDIT:

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??

Last edited by mashead2000; 08-31-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added video link
08-31-2011, 05:31 AM
I have to admit - I think I need this game !
08-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Looking Nice. Expecting to have Hours of Fun.
08-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Well only played few levels so far but very addictive and looks great on iPad-will post a gameplay video soon

08-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Well only played few levels so far but very addictive and looks great on iPad-will post a gameplay video soon
Cool. Thanks buddy!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
08-31-2011, 06:44 AM
No problem uploading now although says itll take over an hour to upload
You can always do what i did and swt up a NZ seperate account-handy when free games come out and you cant wait-then at midnight i just delete and reinstall with my UK account-then things dnt get messed up when i sync with Itunes

08-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
No problem uploading now although says itll take over an hour to upload
You can always do what i did and swt up a NZ seperate account-handy when free games come out and you cant wait-then at midnight i just delete and reinstall with my UK account-then things dnt get messed up when i sync with Itunes
I do the same thing, and with PhoneView you can even backup your save file before you delete the NZ version .

I agree with your impressions of the game, BTW. Plays like super polished mash-up of Pirates and Flight Control, with stats for individual crew members and RPG style turn-based combat for boarding. I love it how the abilities "travel" with crew members, so that you need to be judicious about who you assign to what ship (you can't repair a ship if you don't had an engineer on it, for example). So far it seems like one of those easy to learn, tough to master games that are just about perfect on a portable platform.
08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
The game plays really great with a funny story. It's a really simple mix of strategy and action but with different kind of missions to keep things fresh.
But i just can't stand the music, it's just the biggest rip off of the pirates of the Caribbean's soundtrack that i've ever heard...

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.