★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "GREAT!" - TouchArcade
"FUN!" - PocketGamer
"EXCELLENT!" - AppStorm
"ADDICTIVE!" - Business Insider

Use your galactic pilot skills to guide a lost space POD through a series of jagged cosmic mazes, evil missile-shooting robots and homing space spiders.

POD ODYSSEY (v1.2.0.):

27 unlockable levels
Addictive & Challenging game play
Tilt controls
Touch controls (several alternatives)
Dual mission goals
Easy controls (a 6 year-old can play)
Unique Sci-Fi graphics and artwork
Custom soundtrack & SFX
EMP to knock out enemies
Power Shield

Please rate our game on iTunes!

info (at) coffeepotlabs (dot) com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Looks interesting, but at 1.99/$2.99 it's a bit too much to take a punt on, particularly with Drawrace 2 and Jetpack Joyride out tonight as well.

That said, it does look pretty cool. Visualli impressive too!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

09-01-2011, 01:37 AM
The website for the game will soon be up and running, but until then you can have a look at this youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEN87C7dJmQ
09-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Game Impressions

Disappointing. I expected a "Thrust-alike" (fair enough, my own fault for not doing more research before jumping in) but instead got a very barren looking, uninspired, unchallenging maze crawler with tilt (only) controls.

At a buck this would be barely passable; at three you'll be kicking yourself. I am.
09-01-2011, 06:15 AM
The thrust idea is actually good. I will take a look at an alternative game mode and might include it in a not to distant update.
09-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Charlesuru View Post
The thrust idea is actually good. I will take a look at an alternative game mode and might include it in a not to distant update.
Thank you! I was seriously eyeballing this in hopes of an "Oids" type of game (does anybody remember that one?) or maybe a deeper Gravitar.

With tilt controls, however, I'm going to have to pass, as I have old-school muscle memory and prefer the left/right/thrust/fire layout you find in those old arcade games.

Thanks for stopping by. Getting to interact with developers is always appreciated.
09-12-2011, 06:59 PM
The thrust control (touch only) is now implemented and the update was just released. Hope it will suite the ones hoping for a more oldschool game. Don't be shy to post some feedback if there is something you think we should add/change.
09-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I just played the revised control system upgrade which are great and really work well.
But I also like the original controls!
I'll post back again soon and let you know which control system i revert to when i play!
Great game by the way!
09-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Control System

For me the on screen controls are a big help as i find your ship alot more controllable. I'm now finding level progression easier. A Great addition
09-17-2011, 08:38 PM
the game art itself.. is worth the buy.
very impressive