Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The quell games are all awesome. Love the music too! Looking forward to it!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Awesome!!! Can't wait for it!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

New Quell content! The Quell series is easily one of the best puzzlers on iOS.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Amazing. Simply amazing. C'est tous.

The original Quell captured my heart back when it came out. I loved it to death. I beat all the levels, and was well on my way to goldframing all the years, but unfortunately my 3GS stopped working before I could finish that quest.

It has been a long time, but I decided, in this odd phase of playing iPhone games that I used to love, to search for Quell again and download it once again to try and conquer the challenges! Well, to my surprise, a new Quell game was on the store! I thought it was just a "director's cut" version or something of the original, but nay, it appears to be an all-new game!

The problem with this phase of iPhone gaming is that the games I used to love, I found I am not enjoying nearly as much, with a few exceptions. Thankfully, Quell is one of those exceptions. No other puzzler in the app store is so challenging, yet not frustrating... and so relaxing at the same time.

The type of puzzle game that Quell is, may in fact be my favorite type of puzzle game out there. I really enjoy these types of games. They never get old for me. Especially Quell, though... the music, the graphics, the presentation, the atmosphere. All of it is just amazing. So grand This game is actually more satisfying and relaxing than the original, in my opinion.

Seriously, amazing job on this game. Just amazing.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:36 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hi MasterChief3624,

thanks so much for your kind words!

Since I last posted, Joe and I have both left our jobs in console games development and taken Fallen Tree Games full-time. We now work out of an office in the centre of Nottingham, UK.

We've spent the last six months working on the third and final installment to the Quell series: Quell Memento. It'll be hitting the app stores in February or March, and we can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it. It's definitely our best game so far.

Thanks for your support, and Happy New Year!

Lewis
Art Director
Fallen Tree Games
Old 01-22-2013, 01:24 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallentreegames View Post
Hi MasterChief3624,

thanks so much for your kind words!

Since I last posted, Joe and I have both left our jobs in console games development and taken Fallen Tree Games full-time. We now work out of an office in the centre of Nottingham, UK.

We've spent the last six months working on the third and final installment to the Quell series: Quell Memento. It'll be hitting the app stores in February or March, and we can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it. It's definitely our best game so far.

Thanks for your support, and Happy New Year!

Lewis
Art Director
Fallen Tree Games
Thanks for the response That is so exciting to hear that there is a third game in the series. Any idea what game you'll make after Quell is finished?

You are very welcome Happy New Year to you, as well!

Haha, one thing I will say that is kind of erring on the side of frustrating with Quell: Reflect, is that I have been at this Quarantine level for seemingly hours and have no idea how to get the Perfect medal on it! Another one that is really testing my brain is Jigsaw!

I am so stumped on how to get Perfects for these
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Any idea what game you'll make after Quell is finished?
Something very, very different. We have short list of things we'd like to try, but it's safe to safe there won't be any droplets on window panes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Haha, one thing I will say that is kind of erring on the side of frustrating with Quell: Reflect, is that I have been at this Quarantine level for seemingly hours and have no idea how to get the Perfect medal on it! Another one that is really testing my brain is Jigsaw!
Are you choosing not to use the in-game hints? Or have you run out of coins? Either way, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/fallentreegames and type the name of the level you are having problems with into the box labelled 'Search Channel'.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallentreegames View Post
Something very, very different. We have short list of things we'd like to try, but it's safe to safe there won't be any droplets on window panes!

Are you choosing not to use the in-game hints? Or have you run out of coins? Either way, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/fallentreegames and type the name of the level you are having problems with into the box labelled 'Search Channel'.
I see. Can't wait to find out what you'll come up with next!

Oh do the hints help with the perfect rating? In the original game, I thought they were made in a way that they wouldn't give away the perfect solution, so I never thought about using them in this one! But thanks for the YouTube channel
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Love this game, but will you update you quell reflect levels to "reflect" the lower move counts?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchchamp View Post
Love this game, but will you update you quell reflect levels to "reflect" the lower move counts?
Hi Touchchamp! No, we decided it would be too disruptive to keep updating the solutions and high-score tables when an improved method is discovered by the community. However, those doing so will achieve the rare and coveting 'Better Than Us' Achievement!