★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Id&aL
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 32.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Only 4 days after it's release :
*** TOP 3 Strategy Game on iPad ***
*** TOP 5 Board Game on iPad ***
*** TOP 20 Best games iPad ***

APPADVICE : "One of the simplest and most strategic board games to ever hit the iPhone and iPad."

APPDICTIONS : "Kahmate is very intuitive. Enjoy one of the most strategic board game right on your mobile device ! 4/5"

IPADBOARDGAMES : "Gamers will be attracted by its whimsical charm and smart, quick gameplay. 7/10"

APPSJP : "A nice combination of strategy and card game."

Designed for two players, Kahmate is the first rugby board game that can be played on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

Nominated as one of the 10 best board games of 2008 by TricTrac.net.

Position your players intelligently to hinder the advancement of the opposing team, and at the same time facilitate your own strategy. Manage the fitness of your team with the help of the Fitness Cards. Pass the ball, push your way through with a hand-off, tackle or intercept a pass and then score a try.

This very simple little game is a concentration of tactics and anticipation. It is fluid, rapid, and tense. It is not a simulation, yet the sensations experienced are very real.

Features :
2 players strategy board game
Original Cartoon Design
1 player training mode
Easy to learn and fun to play
Optimised for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Post on your Facebook wall
5 players with unique characteristics
5 minutes to learn, a life time to master

Languages :
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

Game presentation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfxrr8Q1ZUo
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Does anybody know anything about this game? It appears to have been released a few days ago, but I couldn't find a thread here. I threw it on my wishlist when I came across a review on another site. It looks like an interesting strategy game. The developer website is in French, so it's hard to get much more info about the game seeing as I don't speak French. Anybody play it yet?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
I was actually looking at this, but I get the impression that this is really a 2 player game. I usually play my games solo, especially locally, so I wasn't feeling too confident that the 1 player "training mode" would be worth it. If anyone tries this and can confirm I'd appreciate it.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

Last edited by sizzlakalonji; 08-31-2011 at 01:24 PM.
08-31-2011, 01:22 PM
That's what I thought, too, which would be a bummer for me since I don't play a lot of 2-player-1-device games. However, the lone review on the US app store indicates that the AI isn't that strong, leading me to believe there is some sort of single player aspect to the game. If that's the case, then I'm definitely interested.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
I've played against the AI; they just call it "training mode" for some reason.

I think the emphasis is on two-player pass-n-play, though.
So it's the full game experience then? If that's the case I'll probably pick it up. Also, what are your impressions in general?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
There is a page with info on the physical game over at BGG

There is also a thread on the iOS version

Mac user since 1988
08-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Rugby? Hell yes! I have a South African friend who's crazy about rugby. I'll gift this game to him
09-01-2011, 05:17 AM

I know kahmate really well. I've been playing it for about year as a board game.
The board game's fun. It's kind of like chess but funnier. I play my son.

For information, I just bought the Ipad version. It' really cool. The animations are excellent. Adds whole dimension to game. And also the computer takes away all of the complexe side of the rules. I don't find myself consulting the rules anymore.

One thing missing is a good AI. The trainer is good to train with but it's not a good opponent. He's a bit lame. Apparently there will be an upgrade soon.

But you don't really need it as the game is best played with someone else. At least that my opinion.
It got a kind of Mario Kart touch to it. More fun when shared.
I definitely recommend this game.

Last edited by jaba; 09-01-2011 at 05:20 AM.