★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dengo! Yamanote line available in iTunes JP

08-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Dengo! Yamanote line available in iTunes JP

Hi all,

Just a note to tell you that Dengo! Yamanote Line, from the Densha de go! train sim series from Taito, is available in the Japanese iTunes store:

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/dengo!-yamanote-line/id416770705?l=en&mt=8

I asked Taito if they were going to release the game internationally, and they said "no", so I just post the link to the JP store. I think some of you might be interested. And yes, you can buy it even living outside of Japan (I've just done it). Just google on how to create a JP iTunes account and how to buy Japanese iTunes gift cards overseas to buy it. It's a bit more expensive than buying directly from your national app store (well, 50% more to be precise, so not just a bit), but it does the trick. Enjoy!

--------------

Description
All aboard! The famous DenGO! has arrived in the App Store.
Play the very latest DenGO! Yamanote Line train simulation game with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad!

**Notice regarding compatible OS versions and devices**
This app is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generations), iPad, and iPad 2 only. Requires iOS version 4.2 or later.
DenGO! is only Japanese.

[DenGO! Yamanote Line Features]
- You are the engineer! Guide your train around Tokyo's Yamanote Line with controls perfectly suited to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad!
- The latest DenGO!, featuring the most up-to-date data!
- Free Run mode allows anyone to navigate both the inner and outer Yamanote Line loops!
- Game Center compatibility, complete with achievements for all 29 stations!

[Game Modes]
- Arcade Mode
Follow the route, skillfully guiding your train in a timely, precise, and efficient manner! Make too many mistakes, and it's Game Over!

- Free Run Mode
Choose any starting location and drive as you see fit! With the Autopilot setting, all you need to do is give the order to depart and then enjoy the ride!

- Garage
Play history records may be viewed, and settings adjusted.
The score display may be toggled on and off in the screen settings menu.
New ZUNTATA remix songs are available as background music in the sound settings menu.
* If the app is launched with iPod songs playing, the iPad playback will override the in-game music.

** A Request from TAITO **
When playing DenGO! Yamanote Line on a real train, please behave with good manners and with respect for your fellow passengers.

TAITO Corporation Web SiteDenGO! Yamanote Line Support
ScreenshotsiPhone iPad
08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
I have this game. It's neat but the absence of other rail traffic really stinks. Where are the trains going the other direction?

08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I have this game. It's neat but the absence of other rail traffic really stinks. Where are the trains going the other direction?
Could you play this without knowing how to read Japanese?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Probably OK. The PA voice ("the next stop is Nishinippori") is in Japanese and English. And the important messages are mostly common sense: going too fast, emergency stop, etc.

What's important isn't knowing Japanese, you have to really like trains to enjoy this game. There isn't much to it beyond stopping at a precise spot. I like trains so I dig it but it's very simple.

YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCBZ5WY84E

EDIT:
here's the Nintendo DS version. Lower res and poor draw distance but it has oncoming traffic. Really terrible that the iphone doesn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIIZpXe_ieQ

Last edited by Athos; 08-31-2011 at 08:16 PM.
08-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Probably OK. The PA voice ("the next stop is Nishinippori") is in Japanese and English. And the important messages are mostly common sense: going too fast, emergency stop, etc.

What's important isn't knowing Japanese, you have to really like trains to enjoy this game. There isn't much to it beyond stopping at a precise spot. I like trains so I dig it but it's very simple.

YouTube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCBZ5WY84E

EDIT:
here's the Nintendo DS version. Lower res and poor draw distance but it has oncoming traffic. Really terrible that the iphone doesn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIIZpXe_ieQ
After watching the video I'm pretty sure I need to get this. If anyone with a Japanese account wants to do a gifting swap (gift me this game and I'll gift something from US store to you) let me know. I have a Japanese acct but only 55 yen credit on it. It costs a pretty penny for a Japanese iTunes card, so if anyone is interested in this let me know via PM.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-31-2011, 09:17 PM
800 yen is a bit steep for this. Looks fun though.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
09-01-2011, 04:58 AM
800 yen + 170 yen for the two IAP trains. I love trains, so I had to get this :-) Anyway, I had bought a 1000Y iTunes JP gift card and I wasn't thinking of buying anything else, so it was as perfect as it could be without having the game released in the Spanish app store. I guess that since there hasn't been a huge "Wow!" to my post, Taito's on the right path by not publishing this game outside of Japan. Maybe I was wrong and there aren't so many Densha followers outside of Japan... :-(

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 09-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.
10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
The latest update adds trains on the other direction
10-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah I reinstalled... I wasn't sure if it was worth bumping the thread. I couldn't play it without those. Good to go now.

EDIT: also I visited Tokyo last month. My friends and I rode the Yamanote line every single day. Very neat for me having it on my phone.

re: Japanese-only apps in general:
Very nice update for Taiko no Tatsujin this week, too. Great free song, branching paths for a few tunes, proper display options (speed up, etc.)

Last edited by Athos; 10-15-2011 at 08:12 PM.
09-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Will this game update for iOS 7?? and support for iPhone 5 screen size?