★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beehive Survive full version FREE today only

09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Beehive Survive full version FREE today only

Free for one day, now on the App Store:

Beehive Survive - full standard version

Once offer expires please use this link (limited FREE version):

Beehive Survive FREE

Last edited by Newmoog; 09-03-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Link corrected to the "no ads" PRO version when offer expired.
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Offer extended a few hours to cover the Asia/Pacific region.

09-02-2011, 06:52 AM
"NOTE: THIS IS THE STANDARD VERSION WITH ADS. IF YOU DON'T WANT ADS THEN PLEASE BUY THE PRO VERSION"

What's the different between the "lite" version and this one?
09-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
What's the different between the "lite" version and this one?
You will realize once you score the third bronze star with the "lite" (actually FREE) version...
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
If I understand this correctly, since the Pro version is .99, then the standard version with ads must always be free, and nothing is on sale and this thread is a hoax.
09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrotran View Post
If I understand this correctly, since the Pro version is .99, then the standard version with ads must always be free, and nothing is on sale and this thread is a hoax.
Acro, there are three versions: standard, FREE and PRO; the original "standard" one with ads (released in July) usually sells at .99 and the PRO is on launch offer at .99. At some point the standard version will go off the store and only the FREE and PRO versions (released some days ago) will remain. To sum up: if you want the full version for free right now just hurry up...
09-03-2011, 01:30 AM
This offer is now over, big thanks to all of you who installed it on their devices. BTW, the FREE version is still available for those who missed it:

Beehive Survive FREE

The FREE version has the same functionalities as the full version, but once you score the third bronze star it will "gently" propose you something.
09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Bullshit.

I call shenanigans, you charge a buck for a version with ads???? Look I have no problem with paying for a game if it's worth the money, way more than a buck if it's high quality but asking people to actually pay for it WITH ads as well, they lag(and I am using an iPhone 4 so do not give me any shit about upgrading my device) they use data not much but not all of us have unlimited of, and they are intrusive. Why would anyone in their right mind pay you up front then have to deal with that crap? So you can milk more money from the ads, I say scrap your lite and the free, keep pro and make it 1.99, if it is worth it people will buy, if not they won't.. Not a very good way to start off on the forums I think, just my opinion.

Last edited by dorm3nt; 09-03-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling, damn touch keyboard :p
09-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorm3nt View Post
I say scrap your lite and the free, keep pro and make it 1.99
That's exactly the current price of the PRO and in fact I wrote something very similar yesterday on this thread ("the PRO is on launch offer at .99 .. At some point the standard version will go off the store and only the FREE and PRO versions (released some days ago) will remain."). But thanks anyway for your polite marketing advice.
09-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Alright, we all can understand a full game with price point 1.99 launching at special offer 0.99. We also understand there's a lite that is free. This all is pretty normal.

What we have here is a 'special'. A full game for free supported by ads. Now we all can understand this very well. Quite a good marketing bit this is. Only qualm we have is why is the normal price of this full version with ADS 0.99? In fact, why are you even charging for it? This is what doesn't make sense and it likely what @dorm3nt, @acrotran is going on about.

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2