★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Development of this games has seized due to lack of funding. The game will be free from now on. **

"Physics-wise, the game is awesome" (9.5/10) - The App Shack
"You feel like you are playing a fancy console game" (4/5) - Pad Gadget
"The third dimension comes into play with slick dynamic panning" - iFanzine

Rising lava, flies that shoot fireballs, angry frogs, repelling cave walls and dead ends... Ascending to safety is no easy task, if you're a leg- and armless bungy monster.
Luckily, there are plenty of tools, power-ups and friendly critters to aid you!

Up and Up! is a vertical scroller where the main objective is to help a bungy monster make his way (as the game title implies) up (!) into safety.

Jump your way through 2 different worlds, 30 levels and lots of action!
Collect 8 pieces of cheese (Everyone knows that bungy monsters love cheese, right?), beat the secret time and find the shy golden bat to collect golden star-awards on every level!

Play through the adventure or try to stay alive as long as you can in survival mode!

Marvelous 3D graphics, enchanting soundtrack and entertaining sound effects!

Universal app! Runs perfectly on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2!
Note: Fully playable on old devices such as iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd gen. but you might suffer frame-rate-drops on the more graphics-intensive levels.
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't know why a release thread was not created for this, but I would have almost missed it otherwise as I was really looking forward to it. Anyway, I just picked it up and I like it a lot. The gameplay is pretty solid, and the survival mode along with the campaign make it an easy recommend. The graphics are not excellent, but the 3D style and well made environments more than make up for that. This is actually one of my best pickups this week.

My few gripes are that I thought you could tilt your little dude on the way down so that you could catch a vine thing. Right now, holding the screen on the way down just slows you down and sends you at what appears to be random angles. Since the game is more on the difficult side anyway, I would prefer to be able to tilt on the way down and make it easier to grab a hold of a vine, otherwise the slow down just seems useless in survival, and could only be used in rare situations in campaign. Also, it seems there are times when you can get stuck in the foliage that is supposed to bounce you back out. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it happens a bit to much. But besides those things, the game has been a lot of fun for me.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

Last edited by injuwarrior; 09-01-2011 at 07:32 PM.

09-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
09-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
09-02-2011, 04:37 AM
This thread was a nice surprise!

Nice to hear that you like the game!

I'm the developer and I'm actually looking into tilt-controls for controlling the bungy monster while falling, altough I must add that it's not really "random angles" when he falls. You control the angle by toching and sliding the finger left or right. We probably need to make this more obvious.

We've also noticed that you can get stuck on the walls and are adressing these issues ASAP!

There's a version 1.1 already on it's way with speed improvements, and keep your eyes out for another update shortly after that.
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
This game is awesome. I was a little worried about the controls, but it controls SO well! I'm gonna be playing this one the rest of the day! =oD
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus S7 View Post
Nice to hear that you like the game!

I'm the developer and I'm actually looking into tilt-controls for controlling the bungy monster while falling, altough I must add that it's not really "random angles" when he falls. You control the angle by toching and sliding the finger left or right. We probably need to make this more obvious.

We've also noticed that you can get stuck on the walls and are adressing these issues ASAP!

There's a version 1.1 already on it's way with speed improvements, and keep your eyes out for another update shortly after that.
You do need to make that more obvious because after seeing this I realized just how well it does control. I definitely love these touch controls, and tilt would only be unused option if implemented. This game feels truly complete now, but I have a couple suggestions regarding the difficulty. Can the lava not rise in the campaign levels? The main reason is because their is already a time element, but for those who are struggling they can take their time to complete a level with all the cheese and the moving vine. Also,I find the survival too difficult in general, lasting on average 20 seconds and at most 40.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
09-02-2011, 04:02 PM
totally agree... these touch controls are AWESOME! Spot on, very responsive, and great control over your character!

I wouldn't use tilt controls if they were added, and really, I don't think many people would, if any.
09-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Another developer here, the graphics guy. It was a happy surprise to find this thread Glad you are enjoying the game and really good feedback on things to fix for coming updates. Ill look into make the landing instructions clearer asap.
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Game looks great, and I have a long weekend! Perfect combination. This may actually get me to stop playing Bouncy Mouse. May have to grab this when I get home.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80