★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: OMA REVIEWS: Tap Tap Revenge !

11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
OMA REVIEWS: Tap Tap Revenge !

Hi, and welcome to another OMA review.
This is a review about the free game: Tap Tap Revenge.

I think everybody knows Guitar Hero, on all kinds of consoles by now, and now, there even is a variant on the iTouch/iPhone. The goal is the same: play electric guitar on the beats of the song you select. You do this, by tapping on the screen. There are 3 lines on the screen: a red, a green and a blue. Each time the guitar plays a note, a little dot follows one of the lines. You have t tap it right at the moment when the dot reaches the end of the line. If you hit it at the right time, you get points, if you miss, you lose points. Ending the track without missing as much as you can will define your final score.

This game is super, it has a lot of good songs in it, with not only rock and metal songs, but also electro, dance, ... The 'Download more tracks' section is very nice too, you can download tracks right away with a wi-fi or 3G connection. There are a lot of updates which brings a lot of new tracks every time.
The game difficulty is adjustable, you have 4 grades of songs: Easy, Medium, Hard and Extreme tracks. I only manage to complete the easy and medium tracks, but if you have a good timing and viewing skill, you can get pretty nice scores on Extreme tracks. And maybe, you get the highest score on the internet, with your one-and-only Tapulous profile! You can also go Two Player, which shows the tree lines for the two players, upside down. And then you can just play the track with two, competing eachother.

Average OMA Rating: 8/10

Image:

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
11-09-2008, 01:16 PM
No offense Oma, but is this the right place for all your reviews (this is the 3rd one now)? I mean, how many are there going to be? This is a place of discussion about the latest apps, and your posts are reviews of old apps. Are we going to have 100 or so reviews of yours on here?
I am not saying you shouldn't post comments on apps you have, and I am not saying you aren't entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying, at the rate you are going, we ought to stop calling this the Touch Arcade forum and start calling it the Oma app review forum.
Know what I mean?

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-09-2008 at 01:25 PM.

11-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Looks like arn has some stiff competition... LoL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
No offense Oma, but is this the right place for all your reviews (this is the 3rd one now)? I mean, how many are there going to be? This is a place of discussion about the latest apps, and your posts are reviews of old apps. Are we going to have 100 or so reviews of yours on here?
I am not saying you shouldn't post comments on apps you have, and I am not saying you aren't entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying, at the rate you are going, we ought to stop calling this the Touch Arcade forum and start calling it the Oma app review forum.
Know what I mean?
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
"with not only rock and metal songs, but also electro, dance"

Well, is "not only metal" the correct description for ONE metal song in a bunch of electronic, dance or pop stuff? And the "goal" of playing a guitar is a wrong description of the game, because most of the songs don't feature a guitar. You just tap to the beats.

I removed Tap Tap Revenge because the interface is boring (just look at YouTube how much better this games looks with replaces the default skin with a Guitar Hero skin, to get an idea), the songs don't interest me (and of course I don't know them) and they don't offer a style selector (which, in my case would only display one song out of the dozens garbage dance songs).

Even the NIN edition shows, that they can't create game interfaces which just make fun - it is still plain boring .

And regarding your reviews: This is toucharcade.com. If you wanna write reviews, ask them, if you can become an official writer. If they say no, start your own site. It takes about 3 minutes to install wordpress.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Looks like arn has some stiff competition... LoL
Hahhaaa arn better watch his back

"Insert generic signature here"
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
ARM REVIEWS: The backside of my leg!
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em
11-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't think these reviews are detailed enough to take up forum space.
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Hell, at least he/she's not posting any more of them "what game should i buy?" threads...

Last edited by Everydaynormalguy; 11-09-2008 at 04:34 PM.
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Hell, at least he/she's not posting any more of them "what game should i buy?" threads...
Yes, I say we stone the next "What should I buy?" thread... I have been waiting for a good excuse to use my new throwing stones