★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Underworlds loot

04-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Underworlds loot

I've played the game probably 10 times through on the same character, and the only purple item I've ever come across is from Timmy, and its always some variation of a sword.

I've been playing the game on Extreme mode, as I thought maybe there was an increased chance for better loot to drop.

Can anyone confirm if purple items have a chance to drop from random monsters, or named mini-bosses or what, and if difficulty level has an impact on the drop rate and/or quality?

Thanks
04-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Incorrect. Actually the way they did it, is that you get more useful gear and what not the easier you set the difficulty level, which was another complaint I had with the game. That has been the only purple I have found as well.

04-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Difficulty level does not affect your loot drop chance. For version 1.1 we've added some new treasure tables with more purple items for lower level creatures.

We've also given you the ability to restart on a different difficulty level.

Bill
Pixel Mine
04-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I've had about 3 or 4 purple drops, not including the sword from the boy. All of them were from the guardian bosses on easy. I just saved and reloaded till I got a purple. I don't know what items they were since I dont have the ipod on me at the moment, i know it was greaves, helm , and something else.
04-28-2009, 04:19 PM
i got two legendaries (purple) from the 2 first guardians before the last boss. It was my first play through and on normal
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I think I have only had 2 purples is 1 game ---- I save before I open a chest and then keep opening and loading up the game if I did not get anything good.....but in the end whats the point --- you cant take the good gear into a new game even once you beat it.....that has to change in an update ---keep your character stats as you change games and make the difficulty proportionate.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
Difficulty level does not affect your loot drop chance. For version 1.1 we've added some new treasure tables with more purple items for lower level creatures.

Bill
Pixel Mine
If it were my design, I would have made the better loot drop from the harder difficulties, as in many games like this. Guess its time to start farming with a character on Easy and then restart on Extreme, once its implemented. One can only assume that any sequels that follow (with haste!!!) will allow you to bring over the old character, and mobs/loot that you encounter will be based on your level.

Keep up the good work, its an awesome start, and continuing to develop with this formula will lead to even more success. I'd pay $19.99 easily as long as quality content updates follow consistently.
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEye View Post

Bill
Pixel Mine
One more thing, I've seen testimonials about lengendary loot dropping from mini bosses, but can regular trash mobs drop them as well?

Last edited by gsimonds; 04-28-2009 at 05:30 PM.
04-28-2009, 05:32 PM
The more I read about this game, the more I convince myself I will never buy it...ever. And I am one of the biggest action RPG (Diablo, Baldurs gate, etc) ever. I'll stick with Inotia for now, until a better game comes out or blizzard finally releases a Diablo for iphone.
04-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OahuSurf View Post
The more I read about this game, the more I convince myself I will never buy it...ever. And I am one of the biggest action RPG (Diablo, Baldurs gate, etc) ever. I'll stick with Inotia for now, until a better game comes out or blizzard finally releases a Diablo for iphone.
Out of curiosity, why is that?