★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New RPG : King Cashing Slots Adventure

09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
King Cashing: Slots Adventure (Now with video preview)

It's out in NZ! The thread has been created in the iPhone games forum:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1942997

Promo video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

King Cashing has been approved by Apple! The official release date is set to October 6th 2011!

We have been very busy working on the game in the last weeks and it is now submitted to Apple approved by Apple! Since we can't add anything to the game for now, we finally took the time to grab some gameplay videos and some new screenshots:

Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

New screenshots:
http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-conten...3-14.28.12.png
http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-conten...3-14.29.14.png
http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-conten...3-14.30.31.png

Also, here's an updated list of the game features:
- Full retina support, even on iPad
- Game Center support with 2 leaderboards and 45 achievements
- Mixing the slots machine genre with RPG elements
- Reel customization with weapons and other bonuses
- 3 hero classes
- 75 different weapons with random drops from enemies
- More than 50 unique monsters
- Pixel-art mixed with traditional illustrations
- 8-bit retro style music
- High replay value and hours of fun
- Updates are already planned (Universal support and french version)

For those interested in hearing the music, this video plays the whole intro song:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Also, here is a longer gameplay video for those interested:

Youtube link | Pop Up

If accepted, the game should be released next week! The game is approved! Release date set to October 6th 2011! We can't wait to hear your comments!

Maker of King Cashing 2 and King Cashing: Slots Adventure - Follow me on Twitter! - Spread the word about King Cashing 2 and gain king points that do absolutely nothing!

Last edited by multimage; 10-05-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: The game is out!
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Sweet!

Favorites: NS Hex/Puzzle, Warzone: Anomaly.
Playing: Fara, A Big Game.
Waiting for:T7G:Infection(U), World Fighters ,Legion of the Damned

09-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Mixing one of my favorite game genres with one of the things I have the worst willpower at resisting (gambling) ? Sold!
09-03-2011, 07:34 AM
This mashup is hilariously brilliant! However I am kind of put off by the second mashup of pixel art and the more traditional style seen around the UI, it really breaks the experience for me.

-Michael Jarvis, co-developer of:
Quest for Kullvaria
MooView Games - Facebook - Dev Blog - Twitter - Touch Arcade - YouTube - Email
09-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Yes! Quite a relevant remark Geta-Ve as we made sure that pixel art would be only located in the reels of the slot machine, as it is the main section in the game.

We will post a video in the coming weeks. Only screenshots for now because we are missing a few illustrations to finish the game (arrghh...!). You will see what the feel is like.

It's a cliché but we are indeed really excited about this game. Darn, our girlfriends are our first beta testers, they are playing this game for hours, never seen that...!

Maker of King Cashing 2 and King Cashing: Slots Adventure - Follow me on Twitter! - Spread the word about King Cashing 2 and gain king points that do absolutely nothing!
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I wanted to post here earlier but I was stuck playing Jetpack Joyride. A true inspiration for polished games! But then my girlfriend wanted the iPad to play King Cashing... I can't say no to that haha!

So yeah, I'm the programmer for King Cashing and I wanted to lay some more details than what has been posted by "marketing" so far. Also, thanks to those who commented! I'm glad that you like the idea!

So, this game is all about playing slots machine first, and having some RPG elements second:
- One of the main features is reel customization. What you equip as weapons and bonuses is what you see in the reels.
- The point of the game is to get combos in the reels that will damage the current enemy. Combos must include a party member and/or a weapon and an enemy on the same line.
- Other combos exist to give you more XP, GP, chests, etc.
- As you progress in the levels, the enemies have more HP. But fear not! You also get better weapons with time! The party members level up so they do more damage too.
- Enemies sometimes drop an item at the end of battle and bosses always drop an item!
- Item drops are randomized, based on a largely modified Diablo II drop algorithm. This means each playthrough will get a different experience from item drops. And of course, bosses will have much better drops
- If you don't like your drops, you can always buy some weapons in the shop. (NO In App Purchase)
- You control when each reel stops. They will never stop on their own. This allows for 2 types of play style: Random or Aiming.
- There are 52 levels, all featuring a unique illustrated enemy avatar.

I'm planning on making a video showing the actual gameplay and flow of the game in the slot machine.

Oh and good point Geta-Ve. We'll try adding a white box behind the party members in the second mashup. This will make it feel more like pixel art is only showing on white backgrounds. Maybe they'll fit better that way.

I'll keep you posted for the video.

By the way, the music is awesome
09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Updated the first post with a link to the video.

09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
..NM..

T. A. A. P. Member.
I drive trains and play video games.

Last edited by DahakaJR; 09-26-2011 at 05:12 PM.
09-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Updated first post with embedded videos.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Really looking great! I look forward to playing this.

-Michael Jarvis, co-developer of:
Quest for Kullvaria
MooView Games - Facebook - Dev Blog - Twitter - Touch Arcade - YouTube - Email