★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Radius now Updated!

08-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Radius now Updated!

So it looks like Radius version 1.0.2 finally went live.

if you hadn't heard before, the devs were having problems with some pretty serious bugs. The bugs were fixed but after an error on their part it seems they uploaded the wrong version to apple. it fixed a few bugs but not all of them.

1.0.2 fixes ALL the previous bugs

Sphere Disappearing
Spawn Rate shutting off
Top nav appearing
game crashing

if that wasn't enough:
new controls have been implemented
New spawn logic
Optimized graphics
AND
now runs smoother and uses less memory

Go get it folks!
08-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm still on the fence about this game and i'm not sure why. You spin the ball and tap the x's right? It seems like there should be more to it, maybe i'm missing something?

08-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformatPlanet View Post
I'm still on the fence about this game and i'm not sure why. You spin the ball and tap the x's right? It seems like there should be more to it, maybe i'm missing something?
You can say this about a lot of games, just make it sound simple. It's really a test of your reaction time. A lot like Galcon is a test of your reaction time, or Critter Crunch. Check out this gameplay video to understand how it gets more difficult the longer you last: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCj4kQ91k4

Granted, it's not for everyone, but it does get challenging.

Matt
08-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I ended up getting it. Hilarious choice of music in the video, btw. I think i may have beat his high score though. Not bad for the first try, eh?

08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
1.02 is a big improvement, the responsiveness is much better, the overall gameplay is smoother and more predictable. I wonder what new "spawn logic" does to the gameplay. The game seems easier now, partly because of the responsiveness, but maybe because of the spawn logic tweak.
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
I definitely like the new controls, it feels much more intuitive now!

However, I noticed last night a white enemy, whose attack area was completely white as it expanded (the entire interior area was white) ... Unfortunately, since the interior was solid white, I was unable to locate the exact center to kill it. Is this just a bug, or is it by design?
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis View Post
I definitely like the new controls, it feels much more intuitive now!

However, I noticed last night a white enemy, whose attack area was completely white as it expanded (the entire interior area was white) ... Unfortunately, since the interior was solid white, I was unable to locate the exact center to kill it. Is this just a bug, or is it by design?
I didn't have a problem finding the center, but the white circle means you have to tap repeatedly to make it shrink, and then eventually disappear.

Matt