★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Combat the Werhmacht with your trusty .45, and gather resources for your troops!

Keep on the move while dispatching enemies using both handgun and combat knife, utilize grenades, and use dropped Medkits to keep you in the fight.

- Ducking will greatly reduce your incoming damage and allow you to assess your threats.

- Quickly dispatch enemies with your blade when you are in close quarters.

Updates will arrive periodically.

monster_punch_studio's comments:

I wanted to make a game that felt familiar, and dispatching enemies to be a bit varied and rewarding, as I'm the independent creator of this app. 'Captain Avenger' is a run and gun game, (pick-up-and-play) that allows you to use several platforms to keep on the move, ducking to avoid incoming damage, and a handy .45 (and a combat knife in close-quarters).

All graphics and mechanics are made by me, and updates/patches are always on the way. Look for fiercer enemies, abilities and arenas released soon. The controls are based in part on a classic D-Pad; jumping, running and ducking.

See it in the App Store!

Enjoy, and I'm here for questions and comments!

09-03-2011, 12:30 AM
This looks like something that could either be quite good in a retro sort of way, or pretty horrible, most likely dependent on the controls and the level and combat design. No way to tell from those shots; is there a gameplay video available?

09-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Captain Avenger video

Here is a gameplay video for you guys to see. It will give you a feel for the flow of the game.

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Great looking sidescroller.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

Last edited by LOLavi; 09-04-2011 at 05:27 AM.
09-04-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
It was yesterday and I had nothing for him :P
09-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Sanuku I got 0 on credits and I don't use credit card.

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Do you always beg? The games only 99c

If he is your 'friend' then surely you would have saved up some money for a present? The games 99c - come on!
09-04-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Do you always beg? The games only 99c

If he is your 'friend' then surely you would have saved up some money for a present? The games 99c - come on!
No this is my first time :P I'm 14, 0 on itunes credits and dad doesn't allow to use credit card. Also he's from Australia, I am from Finland. But nevermind, I already got a gift for him.

09-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Having a debit card comes in handy with almost any purchases. I hardly carry cash anymore, even if I do have a few ones in my pocket I'll deposit it anytime I'm near my bank. Thinking about it, 99c is less than the cost of a bottle of water, hah