★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JabberWorx
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 53.8 MB
  • Version: 0.11
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In Chicks'n'Vixens: No Donuts vixens have stolen the chicks donuts. The chicks are now chasing the vixens around the world from Australia to the North Pole in a desperate bid to get their much prized donuts back.

JabberWorx's comments:
Hi Guys!

Today Apple approved my first serious iOS game, Chicks'n'Vixens. This is a physics destruction game in which you play as an assortment of very colourful chickens going about trying to get their donuts back from the foxes.

The game features a story line, tonnes of music and spans five locations, Australia (Uluru), France (Paris), Germany (Bavaria), Mt Vesuvius and the North Pole. Each area has its own unique sets of challenges and art work designed to keep the game fresh

App store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chicksnvixens/id460811303?mt=8

screenshots:

Video (this is from the WP7 version of the game which was #1 on the marketplace 2 weeks running, the game is a very strict port, changes are in aspect ratio and a faster physics engine for iOS devices): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfRp7rmaAZM

Do let me know what you think of the game and if you've played it. I plan on releasing several updates over the coming weeks to add new characters to the game, tonnes more levels (a bunch didn't make it into the current release because of a last minute bug that popped up) and of course many, many new gameplay mechanics, but I would definitely appreciate feedback and ideas on that front! My favorite part of making games is implementing features gamers request
09-03-2011, 07:32 AM
i thought that "chicks and vixens" means human female chicks and vixens. oh well..
09-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
i thought that "chicks and vixens" means human female chicks and vixens. oh well..
hehe sorry to disappoint
09-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Looks very similar to Angry Birds, Trucks and Skulls, PvNvZvP, what makes this game different or unique?

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
09-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Looks very similar to Angry Birds, Trucks and Skulls, PvNvZvP, what makes this game different or unique?
There are more physical elements in game, for example in the north pole the ground is slippery and there are also air fans which push things around, in the updates there will be more variety on this front.

I know your question was more about gameplay questions, but not related to gameplay the enemy characters here can be in motion constantly (i.e. stuck in the air stream of a fan which keeps them floating up and down in mid air), they look in the direction of an incoming chicken, if something falls on them but not heavy enough to 'kill' them they hold it up above their heads.