★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Divemaster upcoming diving game for the iPad

09-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Divemaster upcoming diving game for the iPad

Edit: Gameplay trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFX6I_k0hc

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce the kick-start of our pre-launch website: divemastergame.com. The site rewards subscribers with free iPad wallpaper from the game and offers pre-launch gifts to those who spread the word about the game, coming to the iPad in the fall of 2011. Gifts include free wallpapers, an award winning divefilm and a diving safari on board of the 5 star luxory liveaboards ships of Red Sea Boats.

Sign-up and take your chance to win!
divemastergame.com

Preliminary game and asset screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_aug6.png
Views:	0
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	37134   Click image for larger version

Name:	diver_07.png
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	37135   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_main.jpg
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	37136  

Name:	4_game.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	37137   Click image for larger version

Name:	6_shop.png
Views:	1
Size:	333.3 KB
ID:	37138   Click image for larger version

Name:	whale_shark_0038.png
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	37139  

Name:	no limit heliox_diver.png
Views:	1
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	37140  

Last edited by helioxfilm; 02-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.
09-05-2011, 04:10 AM
The site rewards subscribers with free iPad wallpaper from the game and offers pre-launch gifts to those who spread the word about the game, coming to the iPad in the fall of 2011. Gifts include free wallpapers, an award winning divefilm and a diving safari for two on board of the 5 star luxory liveaboards ships of Red Sea Boats.

-------------------------------------------------------
ipad2 accessoriesipad2 casesleather ipad 2 case

09-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Hm, what do you wish to say or ask?
09-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi folks,

soon I will finish the gameplay video/trailer for the game. I thought I share a frame (work-in-progress). Do not try it with your real iPads, they are not water resistant! Footage was taken at the Red Sea, using GoPro Hero.

09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
I visited your site and subscribed and checked out the screenshots on show - Which look very nice by the way :-)
Can you tell us a little about the gameplay we can expect?
09-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranges&Lemons View Post
I visited your site and subscribed and checked out the screenshots on show - Which look very nice by the way :-)
Can you tell us a little about the gameplay we can expect?

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for signing-up, and for the compliments, I'm happy if you like them

As for the gameplay:

The game centers on the real-life responsibilities of any divemasters: managing and leading a group, helping identify marine life, and much more.

You are the divemaster in our game, and here is what you do:

-- Connect the divers to those animals they wish to photograph. At least one photo is needed, otherwise you cannot send them up...

-- Each photo taken rewards the player with tips from the divers. Photos are collected in the album.

-- Using these tips the divers can be upgraded by means of training and new equipment. (If you need more money, you can buy via IAP)

Just like a real divemaster, the player must take good care of their divers: if they run out of air, they will die and the game will end. You can give them once a tank to top-up their air reserve.

In a way a very simple 2D line-drawing game, but under the nice graphics real diving physics is working (I'm a divemaster myself as well). So the whole diving business can be found here, trainings, tanks, lights etc. Even you can get bio/chemical/nuclear waste out of the water and get extra environmental bonus.

Imagine Flight Control with two major differences: collisions are not dangerous, and each plane has a fuel reserve, which represents the time until you have to find the (moving) target.

I hope it helps As soon as I finish the gameplay video, I will announce here first!
12-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi,

first of all, Happy Holidays!

It's been a long time (indie life, you now :-)), but finally, my game is coming to the publishing phase, you can check the basic tutorial of the game, trailer is coming soon.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHb9msnHsaw
02-02-2014, 06:13 AM
Check our Flappy bird style gameplay trailer at our Youtube channel! Please share if you like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFX6I_k0hc

Enjoy!
02-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helioxfilm View Post
Hi,

first of all, Happy Holidays!

It's been a long time (indie life, you now :-)), but finally, my game is coming to the publishing phase, you can check the basic tutorial of the game, trailer is coming soon.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHb9msnHsaw
Looking forward to checking this out!
02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you very much!