★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: B&C Mobile
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fly wars, fight for your toilet!
Dodge bullets coming in from everywhere and slay your enemies to take control of your toilet.

*New concept of Physics/Action/Strategy Game
*Bullets bounce off of walls and objects, no one can predict
*Bigger maps and more objects as stage progresses
*New characters in every 3rd stage
*90 stages with 20 types of unique characters
*Game Center leaderboards

gang gyung hun's comments:
Fly Wars is out!!

Fly wars, fight for your toilet!
Dodge bullets coming in from everywhere and slay your enemies to take control of your toilet.

*New concept of Physics/Action/Strategy Game
*Bullets bounce off of walls and objects, no one can predict
*Bigger maps and more objects as stage progresses
*New characters in every 3rd stage
*90 stages with 20 types of unique characters
*Game Center leaderboards

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fly-wars-conflict/id461181234?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id461181234

Please, enjoy it!
09-05-2011, 12:28 AM

Promising, but looks pretty confusing. Gameplay video would help.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.

09-05-2011, 01:54 AM
this game awesome!!!
09-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Dev gave me a promo code to try it. I think they should know that for the first few minutes it is incredibly difficult to figure out what kind of game it is. There are many language translation errors which extend to the tutorial. In addition, the tutorial pages consist of insert screenshots with 2 lines apiece. It's pretty dry and doesn't help to ease players into the gameplay. In the end I had to figure out the gameplay myself.

For those wondering, it's a simply shooting game where you and your enemies are randomly placed around the level. You shoot straight line trajectories at your enemies, and sometimes you need to ricochet around obstacles to get at your enemies. You double tap an area to slowly move there. So it's sort of like Tanks with Worms.

I still don't get how to aim properly. There's a vertical lever on the right hand side that you can switch between a middle position, and a little bit down. I can't seem for the life of me to aim my trajectory up. Also I have no idea how to choose when to fire: sometimes it fires when it wants to and sometimes it doesn't. The aiming mechanics just aren't implemented well enough to be intuitive, let alone polished.

I'm personally not a fan of the artstyle and animation for the most part. Complex levels can get pretty busy and you mind find yourself a bit lost locating the obstacles.

In the end I didn't like it much. Maybe someone else might.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I do agree it was a little difficult to figure out the controls. The help option on the main menu didn't help much, as English is not the developers native language. But once I figured it out, it wasn't that bad.

You move your fly around by tapping on him, then tapping wherever you want him to move to. Then you control the angle of the shot by moving a slider on the bottom right side of the screen, but you can only change the direction by about 45 degrees...

Bullets cancel eachother out when they hit eachother, which is kind of nice... and you unlock more flies that can fire more bullets at a time every 3 stages. I'm guessing you can unlock slots so you can have more than one fly on the battlefield at once, and sometimes you're given a helper fly that you can't move or control.

There's also pieces of poo on the field that you can pick up for big points, to get em you need to shoot them. These are also dropped occasionally by defeated enemies.

It's not that bad... I don't know how long it'll keep my attention, but if you like these sorts of... real time strategy worms type games... you'll probably enjoy this one... though I think Worms is a lot better, probably why it's worth $5... =oP

But for a buck, this one isn't bad...

I have yet to be able to tell if there's any real replay value... but I"m thinking there's not much, if any. But the game does have 90 levels and GC... so if you're a highscore freak.. you'll probably have more incentive to replay the game.
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks for a code. Here is my review posted in US iTunes for some clarification of gameplay.

-----
By design you don't get to control the firing other than adjusting the angle. Also the movement is not instantaneous which adds to the challenge. I like shooting pool and this game makes me think about reflection angles and such. Hide behind bunkers and still be able to snipe your enemy flies. Graphics is ok on iPad. Hopefully there is enough interest in this game to allow it to be universal in the future. There are many levels and upgrades that will allow you to enjoy playing for a long time.
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the code.

The gameplay concept is pretty good. It's sort of a dodgeball setup, where troop(s) are set up on opposite sides of the screen, and there are various obstacles around the middle that you'll need to shoot between or bounce your shots off of.

The real dealbreaker here is the controls. They come off as very awkward and will likely ensure that most people will never get into the later and more interesting fights. First, your Fly flies very slowly, and can only receive a single touch command at a time. This means that there's a slight pause between setting a desired location, and that you can't adjust his aim while moving. Aiming is limited to about a 45-degree angle, which is strangely represented by only being able to move the slider button about half of what looks like should be allowed. Such a small firing angle also means that you often have very few choices of locations to shoot from, if you want your bullets to hit anything. On top of that, it seems that you won't shoot unless you're holding the firing slider, and are then rendered incapable of moving.

Aside from the poor controls, there is an excellent amount of variety in levels, a lot of levels to unlock, and 18 different characters to unlock. Game Center leaderboards are also enabled, but no achievements.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind