★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galaxy On Fire 1.1.1 Update is out!

04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Galaxy On Fire 1.1.1 Update is out!

Let's hope that this fixes some of the lingering issues with the controls on this game.

Available in Europe now.
04-28-2009, 06:22 PM
The only thing that stopped me getting this game was when I looked at Fish Lab's past games. I hated all of them, so I'm not sure if it's worth it...

back

04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Accent View Post
Let's hope that this fixes some of the lingering issues with the controls on this game.

Available in Europe now.

Unfortunately it seems the update doesn't fix any of the the issues I'm having with this game. It's not so much a control issue rather than a weapon power issue. On the lower levels you only have your basic cannon and enemies need a lot of hits with it to kill them. Trying to keep the cannon lined up with the enemies long enough to get enough shots in is EXTREMELY difficult!

After two updates and I'm still no further on I think I'm finally done with this game!
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by othernine View Post
Unfortunately it seems the update doesn't fix any of the the issues I'm having with this game. It's not so much a control issue rather than a weapon power issue. On the lower levels you only have your basic cannon and enemies need a lot of hits with it to kill them. Trying to keep the cannon lined up with the enemies long enough to get enough shots in is EXTREMELY difficult!

After two updates and I'm still no further on I think I'm finally done with this game!
If I made it through, you definitely can! What level are you stuck on, maybe we can help?

I'll be honest, the intro levels sucked space balls, but once you get past that and are free to roam around, the game gets exponentially better.. you just (for some reason) have to tough it out for a bit, then you can take your time once the free mode is activated..

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by othernine View Post

yea man, ive spent like 9 hours on it and have some kick a*s stuff, just stick with it

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
The only thing that stopped me getting this game was when I looked at Fish Lab's past games. I hated all of them, so I'm not sure if it's worth it...
Yeah, I don't have this either, because they made burning tires.

what.
04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
You guys are msising out then. It's a really great game. It provides a good challenge and unlike a lot of iPhone games, there's a solid game here. Many many hours of gameplay and for the same cost as a $6 gumball.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
The Lite is coming out soon. I am waiting for it to decide and I am sure that it will help other on the fence folks too.

P.S. Actually, the Lite is already out! Downloading now...

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen

Last edited by Isilel; 04-29-2009 at 08:12 AM.
04-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi, I got the newest update and it doesn't seem like the loading times were any faster for me. I did notice that as I progressed through the game (I'm at 26 hours of play time, crazy!) the loading times increased. At least it stopped crashing after each mission. I use touch controls and don't seem to have any problem either before or after the update.