★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zabiyaka
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 18.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This game is not another pointless screen tapping bubble-burster. It features a simple but unique and balanced gameplay.

Game rules: clear the screen by collecting bubbles of the same color. Try not to pop bubbles of different colors because this will spawn more bubbles. You have to think and react really fast. The game is finished when there are too many bubbles on screen. The game offers two gameplay modes, three levels of difficulty and three different themes.

FEATURES:

- Unique and balanced gameplay;
- Game Center support;
- Retro 8-bit theme, complete with stylized music;
- Halloween theme;
- High-definition Retina Screen support;
- Fullscreen iPad support;
- Seamlessly resume games interrupted by phone calls;
- Multi-touch support.

FOLLOW US:

http://zabiyaka.com/facebook
http://zabiyaka.com/twitter

"Gameplay is close to perfect for this kind of casual action/puzzle game. Three difficulty settings are nice to have. Graphically its good clear and uncluttered. The 8-bit theme is particularly cool. Touch controls are pretty much spot-on and work very well. Bubble inertia is subtle and adds to the strategic possibilities. Its really very good on an iPad." - Arcadelife rating: 88/100

"a lot of work has gone into making the scoring system very interesting, and its always nice to see this much work going into the scoring aspect of a game.
The graphics also have a pretty nice touch, as theres a nice, smooth, bubbly graphic style, and an option for retro graphics. The option for retro graphics is a great addition, and I think it actually helps players see the bubbles better, as well as looking cool. The music is nice, and changes between modern, and chip-tune when you change the graphic style of the game." - the-app-shack rating: 7/10

zmey's comments:

Halloween SE version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Promo video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I love the 8-bit retro mode. Nice work.

Find out more about our games at our website http://www.gamesbybob.com!

Are latest game, Crazy Invaders, will be available July 21st, 2011!

09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Game Impressions

This is a great game, probably going unnoticed due to the generic "bubble burster" look. It isn't a simple screen-tapping game, it has some great strategic subtleties and high-scoring tactics.

I see a LOT of new games (I'm a reviewer) and this one stands out among recent ones I've played as a surprisingly addictive and polished title. It plays particularly well on iPad.

I'm sorry I can't link to my review of this game due to TA's self-promotion rules to which I respectfully adhere.
09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... that retro theme looks pretty nice... too bad we only get a little snippet of a pic. =oP
09-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
so I've been playing this one for the last couple days, and really, it's pretty addictive.

The scoring system is awesome, and the gameplay is smooth, and easy to learn. The different difficulties give it quite a bit of challenging gameplay, and the retro theme is just awesome to look at.

I do hope that the devs decide to add GameCenter in the future, because a game like this (one that pretty much revolves around high-scores) would have SO MUCH more replayability added on with online leaderboards. Also having an extra mode or something would be really nice, and seeing power-ups in the future would also make this game really shine. =oP

But aside from that, it's a nice little bubble popping action puzzler. =oD
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed the game. The Game Center support is ready, and I plan to submit it to the App Store tomorrow. We'll be adding more features in future updates.
10-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Hi everyone! We've released a major update to Colored Bubbles: Halloween Special Edition. It includes a new gamemode (Time Attack) and a new theme. Also default scores are harder to beat now. If you already downloaded the game and updating, please reset the scores.

Also there's Lite version now.

Lite version (free): Colored Bubbles Halloween SE

Full version includes all 3 themes and two more difficulty levels: Colored Bubbles