★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

FREE puzzle game for the next 24hrs! Tangled (0.99 > FREE)

09-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
FREE puzzle game for the next 24hrs! Tangled (0.99 > FREE)

I decided to give away the first game I made fr the iPhone for FREE for a limited time! It's a great puzzle game, go check it out and give me some feedback.

Last edited by Rudy; 09-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.
09-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Looks interesting, will post a review after I get a chance to try.

09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Can't wait to see your review
09-06-2011, 12:36 PM
interesting but...

nice game! just downloaded it and done 7 levels in about 2 minutes... its just like untangling a real piece of thread... sometimes you just don realise you are almost there and suddenly voila!
But where is the sound? I guess you are an indie developer and had a lot on your mind while developing the game... I understand coz I am one too... just take a day or two and put in some sounds... competition is stiff and you need to give your game everything you can....

I developed SpacePuzzle!
Proud of it! Do consider trying it!
SpacePuzzle - End of The Great Battle
09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanthgurijala View Post
nice game! just downloaded it and done 7 levels in about 2 minutes... its just like untangling a real piece of thread... sometimes you just don realise you are almost there and suddenly voila!
But where is the sound? I guess you are an indie developer and had a lot on your mind while developing the game... I understand coz I am one too... just take a day or two and put in some sounds... competition is stiff and you need to give your game everything you can....
The difficulty curve is something that was pretty hard to do, on another forum some guy complained the 3rd level was too hard ( really??? )

As for the sound, Tangled 2 has some background music. This version is about 2.5 years old but I'be tried to keep it as updated as possible (all the new puzzles from Tangled 2 got back ported to this one)

So far Tangled and Tangled 2 are the only 2 games I have on the AppStore and I have a 3rd game (not a puzzle game this time) coming in the next month or so (getting the graphics done and music). I kinda wish I had more time for iPhone programming, but I'm not making enough to quit my dayjob lol
09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I was half expecting a game based on the Disney film
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLights View Post
I was half expecting a game based on the Disney film
To be fair my game was out almost a full year before Disney announced their movie (and even more before they actually released it)
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
To be fair my game was out almost a full year before Disney announced their movie (and even more before they actually released it)
Hmmm. Did you trademark the name for your game? Or could Disney try to have you change the name if they wanted to?

Just curious how something like that works.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I looked into it a bit when they first announced it, but since I didn't pay to trademark my name there's nothing I can really do.
09-06-2011, 03:34 PM
There are several puzzle games with a similar mechanic like this that I have tried, including I am pretty sure, this one. My problems with these games seem to be common to all of them: (1) I never really completely figure out the mechanics, and when it gets harder I get really frustrated; and (2) for some reason all of these games seem to have a problem with the controls when it comes to the corners. I see the potential for this type of puzzle game, and I wouldnt discourage anyone from trying the game at free. Its an interesting concept, and it almost worked for me -- close enough that I tried several similar games.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale