★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BorgB
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 25.1 MB
  • Version: 2.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: BB Yatzy - a fun game of dice for the whole family

1-4 players local on device or on multiple devices within the same wi-fi network.

The game has two main game types:

* Yatzy - 15 different scoring combinations, 5 dice, 3 rolls each turn.

* MaxiYatzy - 20 different scoring combinations, 6 dice, 3 rolls each turn and lets you save up unused rolls

These are then divided into two modes again:

* Free mode: lets you decide where to best put your points which gives it a strategic element as well.

* Forced mode: you have to go from top to bottom, except if you get the Yatzy/MaxiYatzy combination.

You also get to choose from 3 different looks for the playarea and the game will remember this as your favourite.

There is also the option to turn on or off bonus for throwing multiple yatzys. This means that if you have scored one yatzy already and roll a new one and put it in a category you would normally get points for you get an additional bonus to the yatzy post.

It has Open Feint and Game Center leaderboards so you can compete against your friends for highest score and a local highscore table for offline use.

The game has a clean, simple and easy to use interface wich remembers your past settings so you can quickly set up a new game.

BB Yatzy runs on ipad, iphone and ipod touch units and has support for retina display

borgb's comments:

Description:

BB Yatzy - a fun game of dice for the whole family with 1 - 4 players on the same device.

The game has two main game types:

* Yatzy - 15 different scoring combinations, 5 dice, 3 rolls each turn.
* MaxiYatzy - 20 different scoring combinations, 6 dice, 3 rolls each turn and lets you save up unused rolls which adds a strategic element to the game.

These are then divided into two modes again:

* Free mode: lets you decide where to best put your points which gives it a strategic element as well.
* Forced mode: you have to go from top to bottom, except if you get the Yatzy/MaxiYatzy combination.

You also get to choose from 3 different looks for the playarea and the game will remember this as your favourite. It has Open Feint and Game Center leaderboards so you can compete against your friends for highest score and a local highscore table for offline use. The game has a clean, simple and easy to use interface wich remembers your past settings so you can quickly set up a new game. BB Yatzy runs on ipad, iphone and ipod touch units and has support for retina display.
09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Is there an actual screen of the dice rolling?

09-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I did make a youtube clip from v1.1 that shows it some. But it seems it cuts out some frames or something of animation, probably something with the conversion to youtube. I am new at video capture and such but looking into it so I can make a better one The dice rolling is a basic blurred animation, quick and simple.

anyway, the clip if you want to take a look:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-14-2011, 12:14 PM
To celebrate that it has been out over one month now I have some promo codes left over I thought I would share, enjoy! Feedback and tips for improvements is greatly appreciated.

76MJM9A6HFWM
J7PY4FEFLF3A
33HE4KW6YEWW
XYAXRLH4WT7R
XEY494P6P7YW
WKXYP3JPENLH
AP6M6JK6MMM6
YY946XAJ63T3
09-14-2011, 12:39 PM
thanks for 33HE4KW6YEWW
09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
thanks for 33HE4KW6YEWW
you are very welcome, hope you enjoy it!

--- www.borgb.com ---
09-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks BorgB,
Taken YY946XAJ63T3 and will give it a try. Lucky to get it as I was rushed into hospital for my appendix and it looks like the leeches have taken the rest with no thanks again...
09-15-2011, 02:58 PM
darn, this looked rather promising to. Yahtzee type game are some of my favorite types of games because everyone knows how to play them so everyone can have fun.
09-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
Thanks BorgB,
Taken YY946XAJ63T3 and will give it a try. Lucky to get it as I was rushed into hospital for my appendix and it looks like the leeches have taken the rest with no thanks again...
You are very welcome! I hope everything went well with your operation and I wish you a speedy recovery!

blueknight1st: Thanks, Ive tried to make it as easy and quick to play and be enjoyable. Ill see if I cant dig up a code for you, think I still some left.

--- www.borgb.com ---
01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Some leftover promocodes that can be grabbed before the new update hits the appstore:

JX7LALL9J4WX
PMAXNXKP69EE
FX44LYXKATNY
3J9NMPJ6MAWN
YEYMRYE74PJ3
6HJYPWFEEET7
J7P6WYTAJJA4
74Y7LM3JP4RM
J97LLAHPXYRW
K73FRWJF34EK

Feedback and reviews is always welcomed with thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

--- www.borgb.com ---