★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TV Show King Online (Gameloft)

11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
TV Show King Online (Gameloft)

It seems gameloft is going to deliver on their promise for 15 games before the end of the year. They've just released a new game called TV Show King Online. It actually looks alot like a Wiiware game with a similar name (TV Show King). Has anyone tried it? I need to get back before i purchase it...
11-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I played the Wiiware title, which looks very similar to this one... The wiiware title was not too good, I was getting repeating questions by the 5th go round. i would imagine on the iphone, and from most trivia games that are already on the platform, they have this problem big time... But then again the online aspect might mean that the questions get updated online??? I'm interested to know what somones thoughts are who already owns it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITrocks View Post
It seems gameloft is going to deliver on their promise for 15 games before the end of the year. They've just released a new game called TV Show King Online. It actually looks alot like a Wiiware game with a similar name (TV Show King). Has anyone tried it? I need to get back before i purchase it...
11-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I saw it on the store.. graphics seem nice but for some reason it just doesn't interest me.
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I bought it. It is pretty nice, but definitely needs a reboot after loading it for the first time. They claim 3000 questions and I have not had a dulipcate after several rounds. The voice overs do not correspond with the animation, but I figure that will be fixed by the 1st update. The questions are good and challenging and they seem to get progressively harder. They add an interesting element in that after each round, you can choose to spin a wheel of fortune type wheel which could earn you additional dollars, take away money, etc. A couple of times I lost the lead by playing the wheel. You can completely disable the wheel if you don't like what it adds to the game.

It's a pretty nice title.
11-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Can anyone comment on online playability? Is it stable? Is it fun? Is anyone even on yet? This looks to be a promising title, but has to have a very solid online multiplayer mode in order to get my money. On that note, what other online multiplayer games are there that anyone can recommend (galcon and asphalt aside)?