Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I think there's a flash demo on their website if you're interested. Amazing game and worth every penny.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klicktock View Post
This game is fantastic, and has been "ripping the Mac App Store a new one". I actually pre-ordered it for its original PC release as I'm a huge fan of Samorost.

Given that it's iPad 2 only, it's likely that it's been compiled with Flash CS5. As someone looking into Flash for iOS, are any of the devs able to confirm/deny how the game was built for the iOS?
As a game dev for the iphone - I can tell you first hand that even the iPad 2 could not come close to playing a game this complex with the flash air packager.

But you should also know this game was released in the mac app store. It's much more likely that the iPad version is a port of the mac version - and since there's no "flash air packager" for the mac app store, you can assume its definitely not a flash version of the game.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Out in NL AppStore!

8AM and I am currently downloading this game from the Dutch AppStore, location around Amsterdam Should be out in Europe!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:16 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Okay I don't know if it's just me, but I think my game is stuck. I'm at a part where there is a dog and some oil. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't get one of the things to work, I totally do NOT want to restart!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:35 AM

I'm buying Machinarium on the TA buzz alone (also, have an iPad2 and I'm a sucker for having stuff only a few can have ).

This won't go on sale, like, 3 hours later, will it, Mr/Mrs Developer?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Okay I don't know if it's just me, but I think my game is stuck. I'm at a part where there is a dog and some oil. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't get one of the things to work, I totally do NOT want to restart!
Just restarted because I am stuck in the boiler room, dont want to use the book! Great game, it pulls you immediatly into the world and story! Want to continue to know what's going on with the robot. Unfortunatly I cannot help you because i am stuck too!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default PC?

I think I played this on the PC a while back? I think it was a touch hard and you had to think to get through the levels!
The visuals are way cool. I'll give it a try on the iPad
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndeye View Post
The iPad 2 is an iPad 1 with cameras. It does not have a higher resolution, and this is just silly that I can't run Machinarium on my iPad 1.
You are one funny can of pickles sir.

The iPad 2 specs have already been posted in this thread. No need for me to reiterate it...again.

It's quite likely (and when I say quite likely, I mean it does) that the game requires much more RAM and CPU power to run, that is why it will only run on the latest device. Makes perfect sense, and it is possible that legacy device owners (i.e. Not iPad 2 owners, I used legacy for simplicity sakes) will see an update that allows this game to run on their devices. Until then you are going to have to wait. It's not the end of the world you know.

Last edited by Barcā; 09-08-2011 at 04:21 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 AM

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ew.asp?c=33177

9/10

Quote:
Machinarium is irresistible - a splendid little point-and-click adventure bolstered by a truly artful sense of character, storytelling, and world design.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This game is awesome!!!!!!! Anyone with an iPad 2 should get it! Best game on my device!