★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Hopefully this turns out to be more like an EA racing game and not like a Gameloft one.

As far as pricing goes, I'm surprised that it's 99 cents. I was surely expecting $2.99 for something like this.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
09-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Monte PM'ed me and said he'd gift a copy of this game to the next 1000 people who post on this thread. This game must be AWESOME, and he must be wealthy!

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
This does look pretty sweet. I'll be picking this up first tonight or tomorrow for sure. Chillingo sure has been releasing some really really great games in the last month or so.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
This looks like my kind of game. I hope the controls are on point
09-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, if promo codes are being handed out, I'll be more than happy to take one and try out the game. It looks cool from the video.
09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Monte PM'ed me and said he'd gift a copy of this game to the next 1000 people who post on this thread. This game must be AWESOME, and he must be wealthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I understand the suspicion, but that's all it is -- a suspicion. We're done with this particular distraction.
Ahem... best to stop poking this one. >_>
09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Perhaps I'm (and others) are wrong but theres a lot of games on iOS, new games, old classic games, upcoming games to get us excited and this person posts in just one thread ? Granted we all have to start somewhere but its weird how this newbie only seems interested in this game and doesnt get excited by any others.

Maybe in a weeks time i'll be totally wrong as he'll have 20 posts and be talking about lots of other games (not just the same one by a developer) but we'll see. I've got a feeling we wont hear from 'Monte' again.
Of course we may never hear from Monte again because the first time he ever posted anything on TA he was accused of being a shill.

I understand that folks are weary of marketing shennanigans, but that's no excuse for being rude to a new member. This subject matter is closed.
09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
only 99 cents?
every thing looks great
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Well, it may look like Asphalt, but Asphalt generally plays like crap. Asphalt is not a clone franchise, by the way, so I've seen a lot of people referring to Asphalt games as Burnout clones. Asphalt is a long established, pre-iOS franchise that was not created with the idea in mind of copying any other racer. I wish Asphalt played like Burnout. But it doesn't. No iOS game does. It would awesome if this played like Burnout, but I doubt it.

It reminds me of Raging Thunder 2, which I did not enjoy at all. I like arcade racers, but only to a certain extent. If a game goes too over the top arcadey, then you've lost me. Once you've entered the realm of Cruisin the World or Crusin Exotica, I'm out.
09-07-2011, 10:21 AM
This was originally a symbian game for nokia a few years ago just like zombie infection was an original symbian game that was brought to ios