Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-13-2011, 02:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

I lost 4 hours of sleep due to this game.
Without noticing.
Well...now I'm at work and I definitely notice it.

I'm really liking the game...some random things I love in no particoular order.

1) It's particoularly suited to the iPhone, it's well done and you can APPARENTELY play for 1 minute...
2) The game constantly throws things to do in your face, while being heavy text based the pace is really good.
3) After you grasp the basics of your tula managing, things get really interesting with alliances and heroquests.
4) It's a really different take on storytelling and it give you the impression to write your own history like no other game I played did.
5) I was afraid about the micromanagement involved but, really, it's not a problem.
6) I did more quests and real decisions in 4 hours of this game than probably the last 5 PC-Console RPGs I played.
7) My tula is probably already doomed, but I continue playing and having a lot of fun.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I lost 4 hours of sleep due to this game.
Without noticing.
Ok, ok, I surrender. Perhaps KoDP will go universal one day, hope dies last. Downloading now...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
Ok, ok, I surrender. Perhaps KoDP will go universal one day, hope dies last. Downloading now...

I hope you like the game as I do but BEWARE!!! Do not start playing in bed late at night.
You'll regret it

I'm debating to restart a new game because now, 17 years later in game, I think I grabbed the basics of the game (it's really MASSIVE), but I grew really fond of my people so I'm uncertain even if I know that this 'saga' won't see me as a king ever.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

A note on "you get two actions per season": I think heroquests may run until the end of a season regardless of when you start them. So, if you're going to quest, do it as your second action in a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szleski View Post
I have played for 14 years of game time. Somehow I always end up spending more cows and goods than I'm able to earn. My herd is now down from ~800 at the beginning to ~500. Is that normal? Any hints for how to balance the budget?
For goods, from the Trade screen you can send caravans to set up permanent trading routes with other clans, which will increase your income ("Our market made a profit of X goods"). Works best if the clans you try to trade with are friendly (purple or blue on the map), and you can have more routes with a bigger temple to Issaries.

Cows are a perpetual problem. Left alone, your herd tends to decrease, especially if you've got several temples (which you should, because many of the permanent blessings are All That.) Luckily cows are also easy to come by. Send out cattle raids, or normal raids with the objective of Plunder.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to Alensin

To further add to what has been said above about herds, make sure you have a bit more than the recommended pasturage for them. Land use is an important but easy to overlook bit of management you should check periodically as your clan grows. Similarly, you might find over time that you aren't taking full advantage of your surplus farmers, and can gradually start increasing your cropland. Just a few tips from my experience.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

'Our people are dispersed, our ring disgraced, our tula abandoned. Thus ends our sorry tale, the tale of clan Anmangarn.'

SIGH.

I was attached to my clan, much more than my clan was attached to me evidentely.

Awesome first experience!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:30 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFish View Post

For goods, from the Trade screen you can send caravans to set up permanent trading routes with other clans, which will increase your income ("Our market made a profit of X goods"). Works best if the clans you try to trade with are friendly (purple or blue on the map), and you can have more routes with a bigger temple to Issaries.

Cows are a perpetual problem. Left alone, your herd tends to decrease, especially if you've got several temples (which you should, because many of the permanent blessings are All That.) Luckily cows are also easy to come by. Send out cattle raids, or normal raids with the objective of Plunder.
Thanks for the hints!
I guess I was too peaceful, trying to be nice to everybody, not raiding at all...
I also realized I have been mostly sacrificing cows instead of goods.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alensin View Post
To further add to what has been said above about herds, make sure you have a bit more than the recommended pasturage for them. Land use is an important but easy to overlook bit of management you should check periodically as your clan grows.
Thanks, you are right, it's easy to overlook. Only yesterday I noticed that the ring complains about not having enough oxen etc... Also, I learned from the manual that too much cropland is not good, as the farmers get less productive.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Took the plunge on this one a few days ago, and it took me this long to come here and post about it because I just couldn't put it down. It's great, the illustrations are beautiful, the way the story is told is amazing, and most importantly, the gameplay is extremely deep.

My biggest concern with it, before buying, was that the world might feel a bit static, because you obviously don't get to interact in a direct way with it. I quickly found that nothing could be farther from the truth. I find it always fascinating to get new consequences to a decision you might have taken seasons before still pop up during later gameplay. It makes the world feel incredibly alive, and that the people in your clan are real, sometimes (often) with their own specific interests.

Well, I think it might be time to get back to it... I still haven't become King. I believe that'll take me quite a while to achieve, and that's another good thing: I can't see this one leaving my iPod anytime soon.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:42 AM

at some point the price will come down !

then buy this, its brilliant :-)
am very surprised myself, but it is great :-)