★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-23-2011, 08:53 AM
The price was scaring me off, but I finally took the plunge.

And I am SO mad that I didn't do so sooner. This is by far the greatest game on my iPod. I've already invested at LEAST 15 hours in this game, and still feel urges to play whenever I have free time.

This game is worth asking price. Don't wait for a sale. Buy it now.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
bump

10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I am not waiting for a sale, instead, I am waiting for proper support for iPad...

Games like X-Plane may never see a sale...

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alensin
Unfortunately, if you're waiting for proper iPad support you may be waiting a long time. There are a variety of issues with this, art resolution being just one of them. A proper iPad app would require a different UI as well. David is busy adding VoiceOver support at the moment, and not sure if an iPad app is even in the cards.
Seriously, get the game regardless. THe thing you're waiting for may never come.
10-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
I am not waiting for a sale, instead, I am waiting for proper support for iPad...
Seriously, really? It's a port of a game with text and static pictures that was released in 1999. The pictures don't even have fancy color cycling or anything. It's just not what this game is about.
10-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes seriously, I am of old age that the size of iPad screen pleases me...May be I have to get used to the 2X screen (I play Deathsmiles exclusively on iPad, FYI).

I don't know but I grew up with 1024x768 screen of my PC gaming "experience" and not counting this in the first place, could be, a "misstep"?

Anyway, there is a reason why I love those who put their premium titles universal get my worship. (Gameloft included)

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

10-03-2011, 10:09 PM
2x is playable, by all accounts. I'd get used to it, it's all you're probably going to have from A-Sharp on this for a while at least, assuming they decide to go universal at all. Again, there are reasons why they haven't.
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
...and I respect that decision...

I do not blame publisher for putting up different versions for iPhone and iPad, they want to make money anyway.

I can understand that there are always choices and priorities to make. I would wait to see if there is anything worth looking at tonight before shelling out the $$$.

P.S. I don't think voice over is necessary.

P.P.S. If I look for shiny graphics at 1024, I can always go to Galaxy on Fire 2.

10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
If I may ask, why don't you think VoiceOver is necessary? I don't mean to be confrontational about this, but I for one am someone who can only play KoDP thanks to the work the developer has put into supporting it. I'm testing a version with it right now, and assure you that you don't need to worry about it yourself, it onlymatters to the few of us who are blind.
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I is just me...I happen to mute my devices both at home and on the road. It is always great to see the developer's continuous support and heck it is just me, and again, adding VO does not put me off from buying (in the near future)....