★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
They take what in many ways would simply be an interactive spreadsheet (You want to negotiate a better price with the merchant? Let's roll against your charisma plus factor in your tribe's relative strength to the party being negotiated with, etc.) but hides all of the dice rolling and number crunching behind a seamless narrative so that it would appear you're simply getting a single scripted response to that decision.
That's awesome.
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
This is the best game of this week. The graphics and price will likely serve as an excellent filter to keep people who won't understand it from shitting up iTunes reviews.

It's like if you combined the game series Civilization with a game book. The decision screenshots that have been posted are a minor part of the game.
So it's like one of those 30-dollar dating sim/visual novel games in the Japanese App Store

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.

09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmakirby3 View Post
So it's like one of those 30-dollar dating sim/visual novel games in the Japanese App Store
(off-topic) You mean this?
http://itunes.apple.com/app/steins-gate/id454136236?mt=8

Well, this is not for Japanese store alone.

I don't know but many great titles never see a price cut. FYI, please.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
09-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Video of PC version.

I am not a dev, I just post here.
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
(off-topic) You mean this?
http://itunes.apple.com/app/steins-gate/id454136236?mt=8

Well, this is not for Japanese store alone.

I don't know but many great titles never see a price cut. FYI, please.
Yes, like that I know that most of them are available in the U.S. but very few have been translated to English.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Bought this the second it went up. It's well worth the price and I really wish more devs would start porting their games over and have them be as polished as this really is.
09-08-2011, 12:43 AM
My one complaint after nearly three hours zipped by is that the appearance of the text varies from so-so to poor at 2x. Otherwise I think the game looks fine.

Looking forward to spending more time with it. There is SO much going on here, it is a bit tough to wrap your head around. The interface is decent. I've made mistakes by accident a couple of times, but one interesting thing is that you can jump backward in time to the end of any year you have completed. No guarantee you will get the same events, though.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
09-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Quote:
It's like if you combined the game series Civilization with a game book. The decision screenshots that have been posted are a minor part of the game.
Well, I'm a big fan of civilization. Game books, you say? Can't really relate to that, so I'm still unsure whether to get this or not.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
09-08-2011, 01:39 AM
this is frustrating.

i'm a gamer. have been for all my life. paper, pencil, pc, pc xt, nintendo, playstation, etc.

i have no idea what this game is. zero. the descriptions are worse than nothing.

jin
09-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
I don't see anything civ-like...