App description: Prepare to face "The Ten Trials" in the ultimate test of skill and reflex. Blast through relentless hoards of enemies as you compete against the world to climb the global Gun Fu rankings. Lightning-fast and beautifully brutal, Gun Fu will challenge even the most skilled gamers.

How good is your Gun Fu?

REVIEWS
"I think its safe to say Dobsoft has brought us the most intense shooting gallery game on iOS" - iFanzine

"Gun Fu has the intensity and graphical style to make it stand out in the churning mass of fruit slicing, vegetable chopping and zombie splatting games." ArcadeLife

"Gun Fu is probably the most fun Ive had on the iPhone for the entire month" NineOverTen

FEATURES
-Breakneck-speed gameplay that's easy to pickup and impossible to put down.
-Practice Mode for true students of Gun Fu to refine their skills.
-Extensive online functionality provides regular updates on the player's world ranking
-Full OpenFeint and Game Center support with Achievements and Leaderboards
-Universal app! Buy it once and play on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

Echoseven's comments:

09-07-2011, 06:16 AM
What the Hack...someone has seen to many Times Equilibrium

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-07-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Easier to read

09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
What the Hack...someone has seen to many Times Equilibrium
Yeah... lol... you're absolutely right...

Good thing is the gameplay is tight and reaction based. Bad side is the trailer probably shows you everything that the game has to offer at the moment. Just tap enemies that pop up to shoot em back to kingdom to come.

Very stylish, extremely fast speed, almost no depth in gameplay. A game for some mindless reaction based tapping fun.
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Yeah... lol... you're absolutely right...

Good thing is the gameplay is tight and reaction based. Bad side is the trailer probably shows you everything that the game has to offer at the moment. Just tap enemies that pop up to shoot em back to kingdom to come.

Very stylish, extremely fast speed, almost no depth in gameplay. A game for some mindless reaction based tapping fun.
Almost a waste of the concepts from Equilibrium... the whole point of the Gun-Fu martial arts style in the movie, is following set patterns that have been statistically found to aid in dodging bullets and shooting unseen enemies. In translation to a game, it would have made more sense if you had a series of aiming pattern buttons to tap and use to defeat random enemies as fast as possible.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First few Minutes of Gameplay.
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
In translation to a game, it would have made more sense if you had a series of aiming pattern buttons to tap and use to defeat random enemies as fast as possible.
Now THAT sounds like a game I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

Any devs reading this thread... GET ON IT!! =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I tested this game and enjoyed it, I prefer this over those slicing fruit games (never got the fun in that) anytime.

Hopefully they add something in updates to give it more diversity,but for what it is right now, works for me. Had me some mindless fun with it,defiantly harder than it looks

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, I'm the designer/creative dude for Dobsoft Studios. Firstly, our sincerest thanks for playing and taking an interest in our game. It's always exciting hearing feedback from players. Much of what you guys have said is pretty fair - Gun Fu was never meant to be the deepest game on the App Store. Rather, our goal was simply to make something immediate and satisfying with a low barrier of entry. There's no 30 hour campaign, but for 99c(US) Gun Fu will certainly deliver its share of thrills and make you feel like a badass. In saying that, there's still plenty more we plan on adding to the game over it's lifespan.

Thanks again for playing guys, and please keep your real life headshots to a minimum
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah, the more I keep watching the vids, the more I think i'm going to buy this when it hits the US AppStore...

I'm a total sucker for tap games... and even though there is no real depth... I like the scoring system... and with GC, the replay value should be more than enough. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, the more I keep watching the vids, the more I think i'm going to buy this when it hits the US AppStore...

I'm a total sucker for tap games... and even though there is no real depth... I like the scoring system... and with GC, the replay value should be more than enough. =oD
SV, I can tell you right now you're gonna dig this! I had a good time testing this game and it's a total twitch'n'tapper type of game, and it gets tough. Has a totally satisfying feeling when you shoot the bad guys on opposite sides of you at the same time! The gun sounds are also particularly intense, adding to the overall enjoyment! Watch out for the red guys-they need a couple of hits to take out! Soon it gets really frantic and you're going nuts shooting every which way, but you don't wanna miss! Has that 'one more time' aspect that we crave! This is a very fun game IMO, and I think it's going to do really well.