Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2011, 06:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Gun Fu - (by Dobsoft Studios) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 09-14-2011 at 10:41 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM

What the Hack...someone has seen to many Times Equilibrium

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-07-2011 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Easier to read
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
What the Hack...someone has seen to many Times Equilibrium
Yeah... lol... you're absolutely right...

Good thing is the gameplay is tight and reaction based. Bad side is the trailer probably shows you everything that the game has to offer at the moment. Just tap enemies that pop up to shoot em back to kingdom to come.

Very stylish, extremely fast speed, almost no depth in gameplay. A game for some mindless reaction based tapping fun.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Yeah... lol... you're absolutely right...

Good thing is the gameplay is tight and reaction based. Bad side is the trailer probably shows you everything that the game has to offer at the moment. Just tap enemies that pop up to shoot em back to kingdom to come.

Very stylish, extremely fast speed, almost no depth in gameplay. A game for some mindless reaction based tapping fun.
Almost a waste of the concepts from Equilibrium... the whole point of the Gun-Fu martial arts style in the movie, is following set patterns that have been statistically found to aid in dodging bullets and shooting unseen enemies. In translation to a game, it would have made more sense if you had a series of aiming pattern buttons to tap and use to defeat random enemies as fast as possible.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM

Default Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First few Minutes of Gameplay.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
In translation to a game, it would have made more sense if you had a series of aiming pattern buttons to tap and use to defeat random enemies as fast as possible.
Now THAT sounds like a game I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

Any devs reading this thread... GET ON IT!! =oP
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I tested this game and enjoyed it, I prefer this over those slicing fruit games (never got the fun in that) anytime.

Hopefully they add something in updates to give it more diversity,but for what it is right now, works for me. Had me some mindless fun with it,defiantly harder than it looks
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Hey guys, I'm the designer/creative dude for Dobsoft Studios. Firstly, our sincerest thanks for playing and taking an interest in our game. It's always exciting hearing feedback from players. Much of what you guys have said is pretty fair - Gun Fu was never meant to be the deepest game on the App Store. Rather, our goal was simply to make something immediate and satisfying with a low barrier of entry. There's no 30 hour campaign, but for 99c(US) Gun Fu will certainly deliver its share of thrills and make you feel like a badass. In saying that, there's still plenty more we plan on adding to the game over it's lifespan.

Thanks again for playing guys, and please keep your real life headshots to a minimum
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

yeah, the more I keep watching the vids, the more I think i'm going to buy this when it hits the US AppStore...

I'm a total sucker for tap games... and even though there is no real depth... I like the scoring system... and with GC, the replay value should be more than enough. =oD
Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, the more I keep watching the vids, the more I think i'm going to buy this when it hits the US AppStore...

I'm a total sucker for tap games... and even though there is no real depth... I like the scoring system... and with GC, the replay value should be more than enough. =oD
SV, I can tell you right now you're gonna dig this! I had a good time testing this game and it's a total twitch'n'tapper type of game, and it gets tough. Has a totally satisfying feeling when you shoot the bad guys on opposite sides of you at the same time! The gun sounds are also particularly intense, adding to the overall enjoyment! Watch out for the red guys-they need a couple of hits to take out! Soon it gets really frantic and you're going nuts shooting every which way, but you don't wanna miss! Has that 'one more time' aspect that we crave! This is a very fun game IMO, and I think it's going to do really well.