• Publisher: Sketch Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 97.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "If youre a fan of brick breaker games, then you will definitely want to give this game a try." - AppAdvice.com
---------------------------------------------------------
ArkanoArena is getting a score of 9.5 out of 10 - TheAppShack.com
If you haven't had your fill of this game type, ArkanoArena is worth your time. 4/5 - AppSpy.com

Forget ordinary Brick/Blocks and Arkanoid game. This is ArkanoArena!

Next-gen Arkanoid with amazing inovations and gameplay. Beautiful steampunk graphics and story - Take the invitation and win this incredible contest.

- The almighty Stinger - the name of the vehicle in the game
- Mr. Arkano and his store - lets upgrade Stinger a little bit, shall we?
- Story... do you have what it takes to win this incredible contest?
- 50 unique & addicting levels / arenas
- 3 game modes
- Various weapons, upgrades and bonuses
- Survival mode: All guns & upgrades - but one chance!
- Time bonuses
- Auto save and automatic restore (normal mode, HC mode)
- Cool & dangerous enemies (thats what guns are for!)
- Beautiful graphics, cool sounds and music
09-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Thats more like it ! Finally a game i'll be buying tonight ! Love Arkanoid type games and the graphics here look superb

09-07-2011, 08:23 AM
This game has been out for a while, no?.. I know the iPad version has been for some time, but even this iPhone one too has been out for some weeks.

EDIT: My mistake. I see the free iPhone version is the one already released; this is the full one.
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Was given a copy of this about a week ago to do a review for it...

I really like it. The shop is nice, can buy weapons, ammo, and some power-ups, along with extra lives. The gameplay is cool... enemies that can shoot missiles at you, blocks that you need to hit to activate their timers, then hit again before their timer puts them back to normal, blocks you need to hit multiple times. Nothing really new in terms of power-ups though... 3 balls, fire ball that goes through blocks like butter, shrink your paddle, shrink the ball, extend your platform, magnet for your paddle... there is a teleporter, but you never know where the ball is going to come out at... and sometimes it'll come out right above the bottom of the screen on the other side of the arena, so it's more like something that will hurt your game.

There is normal and hardcore modes, normal gives you unlimited retries, while hardcore gives you a gameover when all your balls are gone. In Survival Mode you get one ball, but all weapons are unlocked at the beginning... and right now, it's the mode that gets most of the gameplay outta me.

Worth picking up for $2 if you're into brick breakers...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
09-08-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This game has been out for a while, no?.. I know the iPad version has been for some time, but even this iPhone one too has been out for some weeks.

EDIT: My mistake. I see the free iPhone version is the one already released; this is the full one.
Appshopper shows this paid version to have been out for some time, with price fluctuations...

OpenFeint: Googlyhead / Plus+: Googlyhead / GameCenter: *disabled*
09-08-2011, 05:48 AM
the iPad version has been out for some time... however, the iPod version was just released yesterday. Which is funny, because in iTunes it says that it was released August 26th.

But I've been in contact with the devs, and waiting for this full iPhone version to hit the AppStore for quite some time... and it was just released yesterday.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
hey guys, thanks for creating this thread... and please, keep feedback coming
09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I've highlighted ArkanoArena in my Brick Breaking Games list. Doesn't re-invent the wheel but looks quite pretty and plays decently.

I hope the check is in the mail
09-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghouls'R'us View Post
I've highlighted ArkanoArena in my Brick Breaking Games list. Doesn't re-invent the wheel but looks quite pretty and plays decently.

I hope the check is in the mail
ooo thank you! our nice assistant sent you some kisses!

and btw. ArkanoArena for iPhone was featured here at TA: http://toucharcade.com/2011/09/12/arkanoarena-review/
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM

I am not a dev, I just post here.