Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default KULA BLOX - (by TransGaming, Inc.)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by New England Gamer; 09-07-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Pretty Cool, i have been waiting fir this Game since Weeks.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

looks nice (:
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It could be cool but I hope it isn't another Consumable IAP fueled game where the player is expected to continuously repurchase their power-ups for each run. If it is merely using in-game currency to unlock and upgrade various power-ups, I'm more than fine with it.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Not a lucky choice of a title.

"Kula" means s h i t in hungarian. Kula Blox remainds me of a "shitbox"
I assume, the hungarians will laugh their asses off when they see your app
Old 09-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Fun game but It severely needs an endless mode and an in game manual. �� Adding an endless mode and better instructions will easily make it 5 stars.��It's very addictive and the graphics and sounds are great.

After playing for a bit more, I'm really getting addicted to the game. It's really a great idea for a falling game and adds some much needed uniqueness. It's all about eating prey and avoiding your enemies. You grow in size as you eat more, which allows you to eat bigger prey, which is important to complete the levels. If you get big enough, I think you can eat your predators. Overall I'm loving it. Just add endless

Last edited by J.R. Jalapeno; 09-08-2011 at 12:05 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
Fun game but It severely needs an endless mode and an in game manual. �� Adding an endless mode and better instructions will easily make it 5 stars.��It's very addictive and the graphics and sounds are great.

After playing for a bit more, I'm really getting addicted to the game. It's really a great idea for a falling game and adds some much needed uniqueness. It's all about eating prey and avoiding your enemies. You grow in size as you eat more, which allows you to eat bigger prey, which is important to complete the levels. If you get big enough, I think you can eat your predators. Overall I'm loving it. Just add endless
While normally a big proponent of endless modes, I'm not sure how that would work in this game currently.

The game seems almost simplistic but is still damn addictive. You represent some predator falling which you steer by tilting your idevice left and right. Try to steer into smaller animal cubes to eat them while avoiding same sized (not deadly but will cause you to briefly lose control) and larger (bumping one will cause you to lose a life) blocks. in order to ease your plight here you'll occassionally see power-ups floating about that grant the player a few seconds of some handy ability when picked up. To complete a level you'll need to reach at least one of the listed prey target amounts during your fall.

What really makes the game fun for me is the customization. Each playable predator has a unique rechargeable power (the leopard can dash ahead, the hawk can briefly flap his wings to float back up for a second, etc.). Using your earned credits you can beef up power-ups (bigger effects and longer durations) or buy uses of your chosen secondary power (you need to purchase your uses of these powers but you can equip and use any one of these unlocked secondary powers for thebgiven run).

Its good fun so far with the game tracking your number of stars (well tikis in this case) 1-3 of each completed level, the best score you've earned on that level, and your current overall score (adding your best scores of all levels played so far and showing how this stacks up vs. your friends' scores).

4/5

Last edited by LordGek; 09-09-2011 at 03:59 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

this game looks kinda cool :-)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Endless Mode is coming

Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in to the discussion. First of all thanks for buying and playing our game

Just wanted to say that we are working on an Endless Mode and we're actually quite excited about it so hopefully you guys will like it too.

With respect to IAP - we have those but all of the items can also be bought/upgraded using coins that you get from playing the game.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransGaming Studios View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to chime in to the discussion. First of all thanks for buying and playing our game

Just wanted to say that we are working on an Endless Mode and we're actually quite excited about it so hopefully you guys will like it too.

With respect to IAP - we have those but all of the items can also be bought/upgraded using coins that you get from playing the game.

Thanks!
Yeah, I have to give you guys credit, the purchasable power-ups are reasonably priced (can earn enough credits from only saving up from a few games), and, thankfully, not that required (at least so far as I've gotten in the first world).

This game deals with power-ups/abilities for your fallers on 3 different tiers.

Character Power: This is your faller's own innate ability (unique for each character). It can't be purchased or upgraded, it just has a time-out timer/charge meter (not sure if it is based on time or prey consumption) which must be re-filled before you can use the ability again.

In-Game Power-ups: These are the power-ups you can randomly come across in the midst of your fall. While you can't buy them outright before starting a run, you can spend credits to improve their effects (bigger effects or longer duration of effects).

Equipable Power-Ups: Here you choose one of the game's special power-up and can use that one power-up as many times as you have purchased uses of that one power.

So with unlimited IAP funds you could make the in-game power-ups extra effective (although you can't gain access to them until you've reached the required stage) and buy unlimited uses of the equippable power-ups.