Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM

I guess i`ll have to give it a try...
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Default Game Impressions

Totally enjoying this so far - all I can say is that sometimes it feels like you can't see far enough ahead, but the game does give you a nice level map before each play.

Feels a lot like a cross between Jelly Car and those slot cars that run up the walls & upside down/etc.

Great for a buck!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

A 3d version of Dream Track Racer. The gravity physics and track layout make this a fun experience.

Controls aren't quite pitch perfect. I wish this had adopted NBA Jam's control scheme technique of allowing you to slide your finger to different buttons. I'd much rather slide my thumb from the accelerator to the jump button instead of having to lift my finger off. In fact, I'm sure I could do much better with traditional left/ right controls and a single jump button (then again, that's a personal pet peeve that I also had with Bean's Quest). I'm also not crazy about tilting my phone to flip during racing but it's the least aggravating here.

Also the first race always ends up with you blundering along the track moreso than other racing games cause you have to study where the jumps and corners are. The dynamic camera system is awesome but sometimes it's just too hard to see obstacles in time, especially when you're going vertical and can only see so far ahead. A good fix for this would be good sound cues - if you could hear the sound of the upcoming buzzsaw or construction roadblock sound well before you got near it you'd be prepared.

It is to the credit of the level design that learning the track by trial and error IS fun. Game has a great balance of sense of speed vs braking, and you are never disoriented despite the constantly changing direction. Great first game from a first time iOS dev.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
I'd much rather slide my thumb from the accelerator to the jump button instead of having to lift my finger off.
THIS.

Was one of the first things I tried.

It's not so bad as you can use your other thumb to jump.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just found this thread..

Looks like I'm getting something after all tonight. This looks insanely good.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wow!!! Great find. This looks so good. I have to buy it. Sense its such a crappy night for new releases. Thanks BTT for letting me know!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

One last issue: the penalty resets for making mistakes are rather large - you respawn pretty far back. It's fine for when you fall off the track at a corner or jumping into the blades or black orbs, cause you can gain speed quickly when you respawn.

But those blockers are annoying - not only only do they bump you back pretty far but it also takes a long time to move forward again. And yes they are small so jumping over them is easy once you know where they are, but that small size also makes them hard to see in the first place.

Sound cues and visual indicators would go a long way to smoothening these issues.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This looks awesome!!! WOW!! Cant wait to pick this one up!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

WOOHOO!!! Got my first gold medal on track 5... after replaying it 8 or 9 times... =oD

lol... LOVIN IT!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
lol... LOVIN IT!
Definitely. Just played the first five levels, and I can safely say that it's a great game. Not sure how I missed this thread. Don't think I saw this in the upcoming games thread.