★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shooz

11-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Shooz

Just got it, because it looked like a promising horseshoe game. Turned out to be extremely racist, and very stereotypical in all the worlds environments. Without all this garbage, it could be good. Waste of my personal money.
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
Just got it, because it looked like a promising horseshoe game. Turned out to be extremely racist, and very stereotypical in all the worlds environments. Without all this garbage, it could be good. Waste of my personal money.
Please elaborate, how is it racist? Why do u feel like it's a waste of money?

11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Well, the gameplay is unperfect, need's a lot of tweaks. You can tell they put a lot of time into the game, as it is HUGE! It has lots a different scenes, MANY FUNNY EASTER EGGS, and stuff like that.

But for example, you're in Asia and there's a lot of 'ching chang' sort of stereotypical jokes. You're also in the ghetto where there is a black person and a hobo (stereotypical?), and you're also a 'hillbilly' guy. All this is making fun of the different lifestyles around the world, and it just doesn't feel right.
11-09-2008, 05:59 PM
lol whut?! We should complain about this game, we don't need this kind of nonsense in the app store. We need CHANGE!!!
11-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I got it too. I thought it was funny. It was so over the top that it would be hard to mistake the jokes for anything but humor. It isn't rascist in the least. I think more games need some humor. Since when does every game developer have to worry about the "politically correct" police. I like the humor, agree that the game play could use some tweaks and am not offended in the least.
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
I just got this game today. It's pretty fun, and It's definately making fun of stereotypes, but I've seen worse shit on Saturday Night Live. Anyone who thinks this game is racist needs to clean the sand out of their vagina.

That being said. I find the cow poop animation incredibly offensive and racist towards bovine-americans everywhere.

Last edited by Jumpan; 11-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpan View Post
I just got this game today. It's pretty fun, and It's definately making fun of stereotypes, but I've seen worse shit on Saturday Night Live. Anyone who thinks this game is racist needs to clean the sand out of their vagina.

That being said. I find the cow poop animation incredibly offensive and racist towards bovine-americans everywhere.
11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Quote:

Obviously this guy's never heard of the phrase: "it's better for people to think ur stupid than to open ur mouth and remove all doubt"...
11-10-2008, 02:54 PM
As long as it made you laugh, I'm happy.
11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Quote:
As long as it made you laugh, I'm happy.
Congrats man, ur the newest troll in TA!...One of many...