★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
GeoDefence was and is one of the best iOS games, one that I still keep going back to and have played for many many dozens of hours. Getting this is a no-brainer!
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Been playing this for the last half an hour, and have a few questions/suggestions:

1.) There's no music during the game? Boo!
2.) When you kill the last baddie in a level, there's this "freeze" that takes place before the winning ditty. Each time it happens I think the game has crashed.
3.) When you win a level in the campaign, it takes you back to the top of the level select page, so you have to scroll back down to the next level to play. This is getting more arduous the further down the level-select page I make it.

Overall, though, this is a fun title. Nice job!

09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Another Tiny Heroes artist here! It's always so much fun to draw googly eyes all day. <3 Thanks to everyone for the great support and feedback! I'm so glad you all are enjoying the game!
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
This looks like so much fun, but I'm absolutely terrible at stuff like this. Oh, how I long for a more puzzle-y game of this sort where you have to set up your defenses prior to the start then hit the play button and watch the destruction...sort of like Tower Defense meets Gratuitous Space Battles.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
09-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
This looks like so much fun, but I'm absolutely terrible at stuff like this. Oh, how I long for a more puzzle-y game of this sort where you have to set up your defenses prior to the start then hit the play button and watch the destruction...sort of like Tower Defense meets Gratuitous Space Battles.
It's definitely a little of both, when it comes to puzzle vs. defense. I won't lie, it gets pretty hectic as you progress. Despite that, if you're even at all interested in giving it a whirl, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Game Impressions

Hey all! I'm an artist with Tiny Heroes and am completely stoked at everyone's enthusiasm for the game. Thanks to all of David's fans for your continued support and thanks to all our new friends out there as well. It was a blast working on Tiny Heroes and we are really excited to be working on new and exciting content we hope you enjoy. Googly eyes rule!

-Satyr
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
It's not universal! Boo! I'd buy an enhanced HD version and this version too if it were universal.

www.theageofknights.com

Game Center ID: NoThru22
09-08-2011, 02:50 PM
What is the IAP for this? i see it in the itunes store that it is there. What is included in this add on? Super stoked to give this a shot but want to know what i am getting / need to buy after i buy it to get full experience.
09-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggin View Post
What is the IAP for this? i see it in the itunes store that it is there. What is included in this add on? Super stoked to give this a shot but want to know what i am getting / need to buy after i buy it to get full experience.
Currently, there's a $0.99 defense pack, with some really cool and unique defenses. They aren't necessary to progress, but are really helpful if a player is struggling.

There are two existing campaigns that come with the game, each with 20 levels and 7 challenge levels, and their own set of towers and defenses. There's a third campaign, "The Workshop" that is currently unreleased, but visible on the Campaign screen.
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggin View Post
You need to get about 12 levels into the first campaign before the Defense Pack is offered, I believe.