★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LightGuardian is a visualy unique game with original control system. Defend your sky lighthouse against air ships with help of your light ray, power ups and light bombs.

Level up and upgrade your light ray to survive against as many air ships as you can.

Dive into the atmospheric world of LightGuardian with great visuals and music to reach highest score.

Update version 1.1
-New Enemy
-New features
-Difficulty modes
-Interactive game tutorial
-Bug fixes
-changed icon

Requirements : Compatible with Iphone 4, Ipod Touch (4th Generation). Requires iOS 4.2 or later.

LightGuardian's comments:
Hi guys,

we have just released new version of our game LightGuardian.

Trailer :

Free version :

Update Features
-New Enemy
-New features
-Difficulty modes
-Interactive game tutorial
-Bug fixes
-changed icon

09-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice game. Graphix are realy good for iphone. And game itself is actualy fun. Just the music which is at first realy nice and fits becomes a bit too repetitve after some time.

09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for feedback. Good thing is you played long enough to find music repetetive

Anyway, game is on sale now, so go get it guys
09-09-2011, 05:57 PM
wonderful game
09-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Giving out few promo codes, for guys who are willing to write here some comments on game ( honest ). Ask me in PM.

09-10-2011, 08:18 AM
PM sent. Thanks.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Just started playing this one this morning, and yup, I'm pretty impressed...

It is taking a little bit of time to get use to the controls though... I mean, they totally make sense, I'm just not use to going right to move things left, and then having the light move opposite your direction while having the camera move in conjunction with your movements is kinda weird... going back and forth... but I'm enjoying it already, even with having some issues with the controls, I know once I get the controls down, this game will be loads better...

should mention I've only been playing for about 10 minutes... and I've almost got it... I'm still just making a couple of mistakes when the ships get closer to the lighthouse and I start to freak out tryin to turn around quickly... =oP
09-10-2011, 12:17 PM
This is a great pickup and play game if I have ever seen one.
The graphics are retina quality, the controls use simple swipe motions, and it is just fun to destroy enemies with a light ray. I can see how some people may have a problem with the inverted controls, but for this game, controls like that fit the game well.
The whole concept of the game is very unique. Instead of trying to help lost ships with your light, You are trying to destroy them with your light!

There are a few things that I would like to see though.
Universal or iPad support. I think this game would be just as good or even better on an iPad.
The current radar could show enemies as dots. Right now, finding enemies is a 360 degree search that also includes looking up and down. Finding enemies before they reach you can be a challenge and with radar dots, it should be a little easier.
The menus look amateurish, some polish on the menus would be nice, but that is a minor complaint and probably just me that sees it that way.

This is just a fun little simple game that many people should find entertaining.

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, I've gotten more comfortable with the controls, and they really do fit the game perfectly. I couldn't imagine it with any other control set-up... maybe a gyroscope control for looking around? Though I wouldn't use it... =oP

Totally do agree about the radar though, it would be very nice to have dots on it... or even directional arrows that point to the direction that the blimps are in? Something to give you a clue so you're not needing to search 360 degrees up and 360 degrees down. Though in the beginning it might make the early levels pretty easy... you did mention (in PM) that the game really ramps up at level 10, but that not many people will get that far, maybe adding dots to the radar would help a lot of gamers get that far. I do agree that the game gets VERY interesting at level 10... even though I've only made it to level 13 as of now, I can only image what the game is like for those in the first top 10 spots on the leaderboard. =oD

Hope I get to see soon...

Maybe it could be something that unlocks once you level up to a certain level... like add dots to the radar once you collect enough parts to level up your lighthouse to level 5 or something? - Er... maybe level 3?

WOOHOO!! Just hit level 15, and got the #4 spot on the leaderboards!! =oD

Really... REALLY enjoying this one! =oD

And just saw that you can only get upto level 4 for your LightHouse, then it's at it's MAX... Maybe just forget what I said about adding the dots to the radar once you hit a certain level... some people might see that as too much time before the radar really helps/kicks in... I dunno...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 09-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I've only been playing for about 10 minutes.....then my review, thx .
em.....I think this is a really impressive version of the Original-Control.
Love the Defend&Against competitions and features. The graphics with 3D on the original without losing the character or style.
Reallu highly addictive. The only negative I can think of is the Mode, why don't you add more Mode, I mean, em....like Hard Line or other games...
Oh one more thing - an online competition with customisable teams would be incredible.
Anyway, Excellent game. From the graphics to the game play right down to the sound effects this is as faithful as you can get. To any one of a 3D fan this will be money well spent.

- Twitter: @awoooooo
- iPhone 5s/ iPad 2/ Touch 2/ iPod nano 1/ iPod classic
- Hockey, iOS, Steam, the city lights at night, expensive coffee, and Netflix: these are a few of my favorite things