★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Introducing our first iPhone game: Tipix

04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Introducing our first iPhone/iPod Touch game: Tipix

Hello TA,

We would like to announce that our game Tipix is complete and will be submitted to the App Store shortly!

At its core, the game is a hybrid of Breakout and Labyrinth but with a gorgeous art style. The variety of strategies and challenges on each level provide something different for both casual and seasoned gamers.

The objective is to move a marble around the screen and destroy all of the blue tiles covering the picture. The catch is that you have to do so while avoiding the hazards that are scattered everywhere (red, yellow, green, purple, and black tiles). Your score is constantly ticking down, so clear the blue tiles as fast as you can!

Features:
- 21 levels, hand crafted tile by tile, each offering vastly different strategies for success
- 5 hazardous tiles that if touched will affect your score or your marble (Super Slow-Mo, Reverse Accelerometer, etc.)
- Chipmunk physics engine that accurately "rolls" the marble providing top-notch tilt controls
- Zero load screens and short (but challenging!) levels mean quick playtime whenever and wherever
- Get the highest score possible on each level and then compete against the rest of the world with your Total Score!

We are targeting a release date of early June (it will largely depend on the speed of the approval process at this point). We are also planning to have a release day sale of $0.99 before being raised to our standard price point of $2.99.

Be sure to check out our preview video of Tipix to see it in action:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Visit us at http://www.touchsmiths.com!
Follow us on Twitter!
Tipix 1.3 is OUT NOW! Loco Moto is OUT NOW!

Last edited by Touchsmiths; 05-29-2009 at 10:51 AM.
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello Touchsmiths, and welcome to the forums It is always great to see another developer on board here.

The "roll the marble" genre has certainly been thoroughly exploited on the app store, but this looks like it has a few unique gameplay features that could set it apart. I shall be watching over the progress of this one.

~Fletch

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
wooooah

cool looking! i'll try it out tomorrow :P
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendons View Post
wooooah

cool looking! i'll try it out tomorrow :P

Sorry for the confusion! Tipix is not released yet. We plan to have it in the app store by the middle of May (pending Apple's approval process).

Follow us on Twitter!
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchsmiths View Post
Sorry for the confusion! Tipix is not released yet. We plan to have it in the app store by the middle of May (pending Apple's approval process).
lol oops

overly excited after the first picture x_x
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
For your first iPhone app, this looks beautiful. I always respect devs that are active in forums (preferably TA ). Good job, this app looks beautiful and the colors look very nice. Congratulations on your first app guys, must feel really good.
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
For your first iPhone app, this looks beautiful. I always respect devs that are active in forums (preferably TA ).

Thanks for the kind words! We are really happy that there is such a strong community of developers and consumers together in one place. In our opinion, TouchArcade has really helped the iPhone app industry flourish with it's great support for developers.

Also, for those that are interested, we will be posting a video of Tipix in the coming days so you can get a much better idea of how the game looks and feels.

Follow us on Twitter!
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome to TA

Is the gameplay like breakout meets labyrinth?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
04-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to ask for a video...
Welcome to TA!

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
Is the gameplay like breakout meets labyrinth?

On face value, I would say that's an appropriate analogy but it does go a lot deeper than that. We will post a video soon to give you a better idea.

Follow us on Twitter!