• Publisher: 36peas
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 38.5 MB
  • Version: 1.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Super tough action/strategy puzzler. Challenge your skills against 10 unique AI types. Can you beat it?

Global high scores and averages plotted against your own progress -- see how you compare to the world. Are you better than average? Can you beat the global high scores?

Due to the unique combination of strategy, action and puzzle solving you can approach each level in different ways... take your time, form a strategy, upgrade your heads or jump right in.

- action/strategy/puzzle hybrid
- 40 unique levels
- 1000s more level combinations in free-play mode
- global high scores and averages
- score analysis across 6 aspects of play and comparison for every game played
- 10 unique AI opponents
- level up your hexes in game
- take opponent heads and bodies to purchase more of your own heads or greater speed
- progressive difficulty (including more than a few satisfyingly tough levels)
- original soundtrack

gareth.jenkins's comments:

iTunes is taking a while to update the screenshots -- here are the additional ones:

How to play:

09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
I've just watched a video and read the description, yet I still have no clue how your game is played. This is a problem.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan

09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Same here. I am intrigued ... But clueless!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
How to play details -- thanks ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Same here. I am intrigued ... But clueless!
@Misguided, @FPE thanks for the feedback -- just added a screenshot from the "how to play" part of the game.

I'd encourage you to try it -- obviously -- you play as the red player (with multiple "heads") and by moving them around the play surface you accumulate strenth and body tiles. You can take opponent tiles when you have greater strength than them.

Each AI (each a different colour) play differently -- a bit like Pac Man -- the green one's body hungry, the black one's chaotic, the pink one's a coward and so on.

The simple rule set and mechanic lead to some super-fun emergent play sessions. Will be doing some gameplay videos over the next few days.

G.
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I am trying it now.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth.jenkins View Post
you play as the red player (with multiple "heads") and by moving them around the play surface you accumulate strenth and body tiles. You can take opponent tiles when you have greater strength than them.

G.
I encourage you to add a couple of sentences to your app description that explain how to play and add that screenshot.

So, this is a twitchy, action sort of game?

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
09-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Looks pretty neat - might even pick it up at the intro price despite the fact that I don't have an iPad (yet... )

PS> Really makes me wish for an iOS version of Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I played a bit and it s quite neat ... And very fast.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
@Misguided -- yea, will do that. Ta. There is twitchy action, big also a good amount of strategy and puzzle solving. Levels often have many solutions -- really tough twitchy ones or thought out strategies that aren't so obvious but rely less on precise action timing.

@FPE -- cheers, glad you liked it.
09-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth.jenkins View Post
@Misguided -- yea, will do that. Ta. There is twitchy action, big also a good amount of strategy and puzzle solving. Levels often have many solutions -- really tough twitchy ones or thought out strategies that aren't so obvious but rely less on precise action timing.

@FPE -- cheers, glad you liked it.
It is a little gem. A rts hex board game .... But I still do not fully get it. Like why are my heads sometime constrained in thevdirection of movements when there are no obstacles.

-----
On GC I am FPEX