★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Hummingz EVO HD update with iCade + multiplayer support ( Centipede Clone )

09-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Hummingz EVO HD update with iCade + multiplayer support ( Centipede Clone )

Hi there,

Hummingz EVO HD got an update.

New features are:
- two player 'pass and play' multiplayer mode
- iCade and iControlPad support
- drone fire rate increased
- trail bug max-speed reduced
- bee max-speed reduced
- bug fixes

Here are some promo codes:
TA3R6HJ33HMX
KYYXF9M7WKWR
W3TEP3JRAFHE
7EYEK7MHX4A9
WAWJ76FA96J6

( please drop a line if you take one )

Have fun
preussie
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Got W3TEP3JRAFHE, thank you.

Plus+ & Game Center ID = Chithulhu

09-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Cool, got TA3R6HJ33HMX after trying a bunch of others...any game with iCade sounds good to me.

Didn't realise we could use these codes on the UK store now, thanks!
09-08-2011, 04:36 PM
All the codes are used.

Mike

iPad 2 Wi-Fi - 64GB - iOS 4.3.5
iPod touch 3G - 32GB - iOS 4.3.5
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
that game looks really good
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
iCade support?! awesome!

Will have to put this on my wish list.
09-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Works....

...great on iCade. Just wish it wasn't auto shooting. I like to hammer them buttons on old/and new skool shooters.

If you can fix that, you have a game on your hands.

Well done.
09-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Glad you like it - That is a great suggestion. Someone had the idea to disable 'auto shoot' when you hit a button on the iCade. I will implement it with the next update - sounds like fun =)

preussie
09-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by preussie View Post
Glad you like it - That is a great suggestion. Someone had the idea to disable 'auto shoot' when you hit a button on the iCade. I will implement it with the next update - sounds like fun =)

preussie
fantastic
01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
For what it’s worth, button-mashing can get tiring on those iCade buttons, so I’d suggest auto-fire being an option, rather than totally removing it for iCade. (Or better yet, have one button that single-fires and another that toggles auto-fire. It would also be nice to have joystick control of the menu, and a pause button—but those aren’t vital; you can do them by tapping anyway.)

EDIT - a couple other comments:

1. The sound ignores your iPad volume! It’s extremely loud (wake-up-the-household loud) and makes my fear I might blow out headphones if I attached any. You can’t even turn the sound off by lowering your iPad to zero with the side buttons. As a result, I always play this game with the sound disabled from the main menu. If only it obeyed your system volume, I could keep the sound on low.

2. Vertical movement (since it’s limited to a small distance, Centipede-style) feels too fast with iCade—you snap to full-top or full-bottom quickly. And even horizontal movement is so fast that precise aiming is tricky for me—although I also like being able to zip back and forth quickly, so I’m not sure what the best solution would be. I might try a very slight acceleration for iCade users, so they can “fine tune” their aim after a big sweeping motion. And I’d cut the vertical speed in half or even 1/4. (This does not apply to touch controls.)

But I’m enjoying it even so. I love my iCade, and it’s nice to have some NON-retro visuals, just for a change! Very nice artwork.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 01-10-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Further playtesting