★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SGN
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Speed into the future--how long can you survive? Welcome to Warp Rush, the most challenging arcade endurance racer to land in the iTunes App Store! Select your ship and race through the never-ending game grid with no boundaries, except the limitation of your gaming skills.

Earn points and speed by collecting triangles and multiply your score on warp jumps.

Navigate an always-changing environment; no two racing experiences will ever be the same.

Unlock Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert leagues for faster play, more points, and bigger air as you defy a relentless onslaught of obstacles.

Collect and deploy powerful boosters to become the grand champion, including Phase, Slowdown, Radar, Shrink, and Score boost!

Accelerometer tilt controls for maximum flight control.

Techno-dubstep soundtrack that adapts to your in-game actions.

Earn achievements and top the Leaderboards through Game Center.

Stay tuned for exciting new updates, including advanced ships, boosters, and maps!

Like! http://www.facebook.com/socialgamingnetwork
Follow! https://twitter.com/SGNGames (@SGNGames)

awp69's comments:
Anyone's checked out this game? And if so, is it any good? Not a lot of gameplay shown in the trailer but seems to be a cross between an endless verticle runner and a Wipeout-style game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

EDIT: Thanks to whoever found the iTunes link! Wasn't showing up in my searches.
09-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I just got it a while ago when CM_Games tweeted about it. It's a great game. Seems to me to be most like Cube Runner but better. lol

09-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy6 View Post
Yeah. I just got it a while ago when CM_Games tweeted about it. It's a great game. Seems to me to be most like Cube Runner but better. lol
Funny, I saw a tweet about it to, but not from CM_Games. Got me curious.

Just read the CM_Games tweet. Comparisons to Tron and Wipeout? Sounds good to me.
09-11-2011, 02:48 PM
As a proud owner of Wipeout and Tron, this game brings a smile to my face. Its bloody awesome, get it!
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Very clean artstyle. Not sure about the gameplay, is it just dodging?

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Very clean artstyle. Not sure about the gameplay, is it just dodging?
you have to dodge. but theres also the increasing speed and score challenge which are what the triangles are for. you collect triangles and jump off of ramps, the more the triangles you collect before jumping, the higher the bonus you get for jumping, and the faster the speed of your ship is. Its pretty neat and challenging, even on the beginner ship. I still have yet to try slipstream (the intermediate) and i probably will buy the phantom ship later on.

Its also randomly generated and the music matches your speed and stuff so its pretty cool for $.99
09-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I picked this great space-racer up on Friday and was blown away by the great graphics, fun but challenging gameplay, and impressive levels of polish.

Highly recommended.
8/10

[NOTE]: If only SGN would go back to Skies of Glory, give it a splash of the polish evident here, and above all, bring it to iPad!! Please?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

Last edited by Simon Potticary; 09-11-2011 at 03:41 PM.
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Nice One
09-11-2011, 03:57 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

This game is fantastic. The graphics, gameplay, and sound (sorry I couldn't include that in the video) are all top-notch. It kinda tests your confidence because those ramps are like save points, but you get much more score by using them less frequently.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Yeah I'm really enjoying this one, especially the music!

But in one of the loading screens it says something about unlocking ships... Anyone have any info on this, or can you only unlock the expert ship with the IAP?