★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Suckers is a highly addictive, skill based, colour matching game. Featuring bouncy physics, mega combos and Game Center leaderboards.

The aim of Suckers is to score as many points as possible before a sucker lands touching the game over line. Suckers are happy little balls that drop from the sky, at a faster and faster rate.

Tap groups of 3 or more touching Suckers of the same colour, to pop them and score. Look out for doubles - which can count as either colour and can make groups from different colours.

Suckers don just sit where they drop either, use the hoover to sucker them up and drop them where needed to make big groups and super-scores.

Most importantly, look out for bonuses, they multiply the score for the group popped. Pop more than one bonus, and they will be multiplied too, x2x2x6 = x24, Awesome!

Game play video:
http://bit.ly/sd-sk-v
or search "Suckers game play" on YouTube

Game Features:

Addictive, quick fire gameplay
12 Personal bests saved for; score, score in 1 pop, survival time and many more
Game Center integration; 12 leaderboards for each of your personal bests!
Universal app for iPhone and iPad
Multiplier bonuses for mega combos
Gorgeous retina graphics
Fun bouncy physics
Fab audio
Resume game after quiting
Multitasking support

Sauce Digital's comments:
Hi folks

I'm happy to announce that our latest game, Suckers has been released into the App Store this morning.

It'a FREE, and is up on iTunes here:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/suckers/id457887994

Here's a gameplay video, and app info:

Thanks, Morgan

Youtube link | Pop Up

09-09-2011, 07:14 AM
I'd love to hear any thoughts about the game, by anyone playing.

Thanks Morgan
09-09-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure I get the point. I just don't see how adding the vacuum tube mechanic to the basic match 3 popper game adds anything of value here. On the contrary, the tube feels slow and cumbersome, and after a short while it felt more like an annoyance.

Nothing wrong technically here; the game is well made and polished with good physics. I guess the concept simply doesn't gel with me at all.
09-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I'm not sure I get the point. I just don't see how adding the vacuum tube mechanic to the basic match 3 popper game adds anything of value here. On the contrary, the tube feels slow and cumbersome, and after a short while it felt more like an annoyance.

Nothing wrong technically here; the game is well made and polished with good physics. I guess the concept simply doesn't gel with me at all.
I can see where the vacuum tube is a good idea / twist on the genre, but in practice it is a bit more annoying than helpful. I usually suck up the wrong ball and/or suck up different balls along with what I was trying to suck up.

You can see that a lot of care did go into it's design and physics. It's not a bad game by any means. Maybe it's just that the physics are a little too realistic that it actually makes the mechanics of the vacuum kind of frustrating.