★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Vans SK8: Pool Service v1.1 submitted to Apple

04-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Vans SK8: Pool Service v1.1 submitted to Apple

Thought I'd let everyone here be the first to know that I've just submitted v1.1 of Vans SK8: Pool Service to Apple. This release should resolve most, if not all, of the issues that some people reported with the controls. It also includes a few other tweaks and changes that we had heard (mostly on these forums).

Here's the list of the major "what's new" items:
  • Calibration process/timing has been changed
  • Turn sensitivity added to the options
  • Restart option added to the pause menu
  • Added more skateboarding sounds while skating
  • Subtle camera tilt while in the air

Thanks again for all the feedback so far, looking forward to hearing what you all think of this version once it gets approved!

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
04-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Have you thought any about adding skate areas? Or is that not a planned free update? I've been holding off buying to see what your business model is for areas.

04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almy View Post
Have you thought any about adding skate areas? Or is that not a planned free update? I've been holding off buying to see what your business model is for areas.
Well I didn't want to get everyone too excited since it's not in this update, but we have already begun work on designing the next pool environment. The current plan is for that to be included with the next free update.

Brian Robbins
Founder, Riptide Games, developers of Ultimate Battle Zombies, My Pet Zombie, Mini Monster Smash, iLookApps, Bop It! and more.
05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Cool! How have sales been going?

Appvee finally reviewed the game.

Youtube link | Pop Up
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Cool! Thanks for the updated info!
Got this app and I about have deleted it cause the tilting stinks
05-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Cool! How have sales been going?

Appvee finally reviewed the game.
Cool, thanks for the heads up on their review, I hadn't noticed that one

Sales have been going okay, but I think a lot of people were holding off from reports of people having issues with controls. That's been the main focus of this update so hopefully a lot more people give it a shot once it's been approved.

Brian Robbins
05-06-2009, 12:14 PM
  • Calibration process/timing has been changed
    NICE!
  • Turn sensitivity added to the options
    GOOD!
  • Restart option added to the pause menu
    DOUBLE GOOD!
  • Added more skateboarding sounds while skating
    DOUBLE PLUS GOOD!
  • Subtle camera tilt while in the air
    KEWL!
[/QUOTE]

Fab news, it's become one of my most played and fave apps! Read some great stuff about skateboarding after doing some research on Mraz' Video of I'm yours. I'm too old to get back on a skateboard now so Vans SK8 is my fix!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jeep View Post
[LIST][*]Calibration process/timing has been changed
NICE! +1[*]Turn sensitivity added to the options
GOOD!+1[*]Restart option added to the pause menu
DOUBLE GOOD!+1[*]Added more skateboarding sounds while skating
DOUBLE PLUS GOOD!+1[*]Subtle camera tilt while in the air
KEWL!+1

Good to hear this Dubane I'm glad you came here to let us know what's up. I will be looking for the update. Cheers,

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon