CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

06-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
Oh ok thanks. Guess I just expected a hint on the location
Haha, it is difficult, because I want to tell you guys what is coming in the game... but it's not quite the right time. At the moment it is still important for us to understand exactly what you guys want to see in Car Jack Streets 2, rather than to splash out all the stuff that 'we' want to/are going to do .

But we are still happy to hint . Yeeeehawwwww!
06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTag View Post
Haha, it is difficult, because I want to tell you guys what is coming in the game... but it's not quite the right time. At the moment it is still important for us to understand exactly what you guys want to see in Car Jack Streets 2, rather than to splash out all the stuff that 'we' want to/are going to do .

But we are still happy to hint . Yeeeehawwwww!

Alright so Texas setting but what city? If its not Dallas than its probably Houston or San Antonio

06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTag View Post
CAR JACK STREETS 2 - OFFICIAL DEVELOPMENT THREAD

by TAGPLAY





As many of you will know, we are currently working on the sequel to our hugely successful Car Jack Streets title (the original CJS thread is the 8th most discussed thread on this board ever, for example)! However, to our slight embarrassment, we announced as far back as 2009 that we were working on a sequel and that we were hoping for a 2010 release. We want to apologise that it is now late 2011 and you have still not had the awesome of CJS2 in your hands . Unfortunately, the technical limitations of platforms in 2009 meant we were forced to push that date back - those platforms just could not support our grand ideas!,... but,... now,...

THEY CAN!


So I am over the moon to let everyone know that:
1. we are now dedicating serious resources to working on Car Jack Streets 2!
2. we have a Q1 2012 launch date set and,
3. that I will now be able to start answering your questions! So ask away .



Car Jack Streets 2 Media -

Here is the original concept video we developed for CJS2, as you will see we are sticking very close to this aesthetic.

YouTube: video


Here are some shots of Jim, our lead artist on the project working away on some desert and dock areas of CJS2 - the geography will be huge!!






Some character development....





And finally, here are the mantra's of the project!








SO. I hope that is enough to convince everyone this game is absolutely on its way! As said, I can now start responding questions and I will be encouraging conversation of Car Jack Streets 2!
I'm a bit lost ... but in the end this game is available or not?
06-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by findus View Post
I'm a bit lost ... but in the end this game is available or not?
Not out yet. Many doubt it ever will be. Announced in April 2009 so over 3 years wait.
06-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
Not out yet. Many doubt it ever will be. Announced in April 2009 so over 3 years wait.
thanks for the answer .. then ... nothing rests in peace RIP
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
Not out yet. Many doubt it ever will be. Announced in April 2009 so over 3 years wait.
Developing a Game does need longer then six Months if it`s Multiplatform and not as bugged as Infinity Blade II or N.O.V.A. 3.

Also don`t forget that TAGPLAY has finished between does three Years other Projects and got back to working on Car Jack Streets after some Breaks.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-01-2012 at 02:38 PM.
06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Developing a Game does need longer then six Months if it`s Multiplatform and not as bugged as Infinity Blade II or N.O.V.A. 3.

Also don`t forget that TAGPLAY has finished between does three Years other Projects and got back to working on Car Jack Streets after some Breaks.

Yeah I know and I 100% support the project. I was just telling him what it is
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey Tag, I'm wondering two things:
1. What were CJS1 and 2 written in? Which coding language?
And 2. Anymore info on CJS2?
06-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Well this has gone very quiet.

Any more updates @Simontag? Been quiet for a while now.
06-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieladc View Post
Well this has gone very quiet.

Any more updates @Simontag? Been quiet for a while now.
Yeah I agree. I doubt we will ever play this tbh. Really I'm in support if the project and hope that all goes well for TAG but I don't see the day where we get to play this.