★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battle Zone X by OmniChrome released today!

09-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Battle Zone X by OmniChrome released today!

I am proud to finally announce the release of our new space strategy game Battle Zone X for the iPhone.

Combining turn based strategy, intuitive controls and competitive gameplay Battle Zone X is easy to pick up but hard to put down again.

Perfect your tactics in one player then send your fleet up against a real opponent via bluetooth or on the same device.

App Name: Battle Zone X
Company: OmniChrome
Release Date: 09/09/2011
iTunes Link: http://itunes.com/app/omnichrome/battlezonex
Categories: Games, Strategy
Email: email@omnichrome.co.uk

The backgrounds are all real images taken by various telescopes and provided courtesy of NASA.

I hope you enjoy playing Battle Zone X as much as I have enjoyed making it and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Regards

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.png
Views:	5
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	37244   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.png
Views:	3
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	37245   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.png
Views:	4
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	37246  

OmniChrome
Developer of Growbuds and Tiny Hadron Collider
www.omnichrome.co.uk www.grow-buds.com
www.twitter.com/omnichromeapps
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Unfortunate choice of names, the name Battle Zone brings to mind something completely different, involving either vector 3d tanks from the early 80s, or slightly more modern polygonal tanks in the late 90s remake...

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
09-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmmm... could we get a gameplay vid?
09-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the input. I'm away for the weekend now but a video will be coming shortly

Cheers
John

OmniChrome
09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Curious about this game... Is this large scale fleet battles? Different classes of ships? Weapons? Different scenarios? Game description is not very detailed. Would love to know more before purchase. I'll 2nd the request for gameplay video also.
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi there, sorry for the lack of detail, let me try and tell you a bit more about Battle Zone X.

The game was originally envisioned as a two player, large fleet, sort of turn based game with various classes of ships. Currently each player has 12 ships with two different classes, one can shoot further but travel less distance per round and the other can travel further but has less attacking range.

The basic structure of a battle is as follows.
A battle consists of rounds where each player issues their orders.
At the beginning of each round each player may choose up to 10 orders to issue to their ships, subject to certain conditions.
When both players have chosen and issued their orders they are played out in sequence at the same time as their opponents.
A battle will continue until one player is victorious or every ship has been destroyed.

The idea of the game is to try and predict what your opponent is going to do and act accordingly. Two player can be played over bluetooth or on the same device by passing it back and forth, or there is a one player game with the same scenario, destroy the other ships!

Hope this helps explain a bit, I won't list everything I intend to add over the next few updates but one of the first things will be increased number of ships and battle zone size

Cheers
John

OmniChrome