★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ButtonHack - (playable prototype!)

09-10-2011, 01:01 AM
ButtonHack - (playable prototype!)

EDIT:

Latest Build (unity web player and pc/mac downloads)

Latest Cast of Characters:

Hey all,

I'm still hard at work on DarkNet, but while I was at PAX I started work on a small game that I thought I'd share.

If you've never been to PAX, there are a lot of very long lines to wait in. I wanted a simple and streamlined roguelike style game I could play to keep me entertained, and ButtonHack is what I came up with:

Link to our playable prototype

Right now there's only a handful of encounter types and monsters, but we plan to add a lot more over the next few weeks. Here's a shot of the characters to date:

Please give the prototype a try, and please let me know what you think!

(And for those of you wondering, we're still hard at work on DarkNet, new video should go up tomorrow)

Last edited by Ryan @ MMG; 11-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.
09-10-2011, 03:33 AM
looks awesome! Can't install unity webplayer on Ubuntu so haven't played yet, but still looks great!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks!

It's a bummer about unity + linux, I really hope it's true that the next version will support linux builds (there was a rumor about it recently). At the very least their flash export will give us some sort of an option.
09-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ MMG View Post
Thanks!

It's a bummer about unity + linux, I really hope it's true that the next version will support linux builds (there was a rumor about it recently). At the very least their flash export will give us some sort of an option.
I hope that's true! I have windows but I don't want viruses on it.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Looks cool! About to play the prototype
09-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threxx View Post
Looks cool! About to play the prototype
Awesome! Let me know what you think (feel free to PM if you don't want to discuss it in the thread for any reason).

Cheers,
Ryan
09-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ MMG View Post
Thanks!

did I read that right?

flash export?

FLASH?

I'm guessing via adobe alchemy.
09-11-2011, 12:19 PM
You did indeed, they've been working hard on a unity3d flash export option. Some info here:
http://blogs.unity3d.com/2011/09/01/...-a-sneak-peek/

Anyways, that's enough derailing of the thread with unity news.

Anyone else try the pre-alpha? Would love some feedback.
09-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Played some Rounds.

First at all this Game does need Landscape Mode.

Second i guess that Game would run pretty well with Apple iAd if you keep it Free and work on a little Story for it.

Third and last - Add Twitter Support/Gamecenter Achievements - We love those
09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks for checking it out!

That's the first request I've gotten for landscape mode, but I'll definitely keep it in mind as I go forward.

I definitely want to do achievements, but I can't really pick what they're going to be until the game is farther along. I had been aiming to try and figure out approx 30 achievements for the initial release.