★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Laser Dog
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 75.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.21
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: I hope you dont mind
Im using all the happiness I can find
For me and you, all the things we could do
Dont Grind me Away!

An Addictive 'keep em up' from the makers of PKTBALL with just one rule: Don't Grind

Protips:
Tap to Jump, Swipe to Move, Don't Grind

Boardumb's comments:

11-23-2016, 08:18 PM
I like the game a lot and it's very fun, but the vibration setting isn't working properly. The phone still vibrates even though I disabled this function. I will buy the iap if this is fixed.

11-23-2016, 08:47 PM
The game also randomly freezes on the loading screen after each game at various times. This on the the iPhone 7 with the latest iOS update.
11-24-2016, 12:59 AM
Wow this game is actually a ton of fun, I think the way they did the leaderboard and animations are all really sweet, when I got the "watch ad to continue" I clicked yes, I got to play the rest of my run THeN watch the ad which I never seen before in a game I thought that was a really sweet touch as well. Currently number 1 in the daily
11-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Before my little rant i want to mention that i bought the ads free version already. I'm a little fan of Laser Dog games.

A complete unnecessary german version (this is not a text complicated game) is missing letters (όδ...exist almost only in german writings) and has also an ugly starting screen because the german word for grind (zermalmen) is longer, so the last letter n stands alone underneath the rest. Absolutely not tested/controled at all.
Sorry Laser Dog, that's very unprofessionaly made.

While the above is nitpicking, the very much needed quick replay in these kind of games doesn't exist. It takes way too long. Fail. Also no need for a start button. Simply push the screen anywhere.

I love the challenging gameplay, the sfx sounds and the cute death animations. And while the controls might take quite a bit to get used to, personally i get along very well with them. I also think that the last pixel is on the players side, meaning the characters hit-point is quite forgiving/small. Well done.

What could be a rock solid 4 star game in my books, is a weak 3 star atm. I'll wait (hopefully) for a quick update before i will leave a rating in my swiss store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	108856  

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania, Bullet Hell Monday, Dan the Man, RunGunJumpGun

Last edited by Qwertz555; 11-24-2016 at 06:10 AM.
11-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Hi guys! Thanks for all the feedback!

I'm so sorry that some people have been having issues and we'll get on top of them asap. Without making excuses, I became a dad last week so there's a chance I've missed a couple of things towards the end!

The vibration option not working.
- Noted. I can see the issue and will patch that right away.

Freezing on iPhone 7
- We are still trying to get hold of an iPhone 7 to test on. But I'll look into this asap too.

Translations.
- So sorry. This is embarrassing really. We only speak English, so this is the first we've heard. The typeface we're using obviously doesn't have accents and stuff. How annoying. We'll see what we can do about this.

Longer restart than needed
- Yeah. Good point. It's actually meant to skip the play button after you've seen it once. I'm not sure why that's happening. Added to the list!

Also, we did a blog post about Don't Grind if you're interested

Last edited by LaserRob; 11-24-2016 at 07:17 AM.
11-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Oh, and also. Feel free to get me direct at rob@laserdog.co.uk
11-24-2016, 07:28 AM
Thanks LaserRob for the quick response, and congrats for getting a happy dad. Good luck!

I forgot to mention that we finally have an honest leaderboard in this twitchy genre.
One life - one leaderboard...BUT it seems that your skills can get you a continue at around 140, video free since i paid for the ads free version.
Maybe there will be another continue coming up (thanks to your skills), but my best of 207 atm isn't enough to find out. I'm totally happy how the Devs implemented the continue(s), if it stays this way only, of course.

Edit: yep, i made 215 and no continue showed up. I'm totally fine with this solution.

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania, Bullet Hell Monday, Dan the Man, RunGunJumpGun

Last edited by Qwertz555; 11-24-2016 at 08:11 AM.
11-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Thanks so much!

You get offered a continue if these conditions are met:
- Your score is not a new high score
- You've played over 5 games
- Your score is over 20
- Your score is at least 70% of your daily highscore

After a lot of testing, this seemed to be the fairest way of doing it. Also, it prevents people being annoyed with it when they get low scores.

And if you've bought the IAP (THANKS!!), you get the continue exactly the same, you just don't watch an ad.

p.s. my wife just snapped this as I was replying to the last post:
11-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Great game! Controls are spot on!!