★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: shiny-games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: Neon Thrust is an action physics puzzler like no other. A unique blend of skill and planning is needed to pass each level.

Guide Neo through 60 levels collecting as many Neons on the way as you can. To escape each level the Power Crystal needs collecting but be warned, once it has been collected you only have a limited amount of time to escape before the level explodes!

Zeons are your enemy! If you come across any during you search for the Power Crystals make sure you keep your distance!

---------- What people are saying ----------

"Easy to pick up but difficult to put down! It just feels great to play with well devised levels which are satisfying to complete. Also its challenging without ever being frustrating. Great value!"

"An 8-bit feel with slick modern physics and robust touch controls. Fun and addictive, worth the price of entry for the sound effects alone!"

"Simple & VERY addictive =) it even stopped me playing World of Warcraft for a while!!! Easy to pick up and play & bite sized levels great for playing in a boring meeting or on the train."

---------- Features ----------

- 60 Levels with more coming soon
- Completely unique gameplay, unlike any game you've played before!
- Retina graphics
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Each level offers a new challenge
- Puzzles and stratergy

--------------------------------

nikhsterboi's comments:
I couldn't find a thread on this one, and it's been out since yesterday - and decent, too (I bought it)

09-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
it looks interesting... what are the controls like? they look like tilt?

09-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
it looks interesting... what are the controls like? they look like tilt?
I thought so too, but they're quite the opposite. There is a joystick used for direction and a button on the right used for giving gas or thrusting. The scheme is surprisingly very natural feeling. If you're at all peaked by the idea, I'd give it a go.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
09-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
I thought so too, but they're quite the opposite. There is a joystick used for direction and a button on the right used for giving gas or thrusting. The scheme is surprisingly very natural feeling. If you're at all peaked by the idea, I'd give it a go.
Nice, thank you for clearing that up. Definitely gonna have to check this one out. =oD
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Might take a look at it
09-13-2011, 12:21 PM
just made it through all 60 levels... and wow what a great puzzle game! =oD

Love the controls... and the minimal/modern-retro graphics rock! =oD
09-15-2011, 08:30 AM
How's about....

......making it Universal with iCade controls? Looks good.
09-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Cool Game!

Love that retro look and gameplay. Made it to level 55 so far! Very cool game!

Anyone know if the time bonus is from when you get the Power Crystal or for the whole level?
09-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Time Bonus

The Time bonus is scored from when you start the level until you exit the level.

It really adds an extra dimension to the game as if you want to get a good score you must complete the level as quickly as possible.
09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
This is a pretty good game - it reminds me of a combination between Thrust and Space Taxi.

There are a lot of nice elements to it - but somehow I think I might have enjoyed the game more if the physics came into play more - this game is more arcade time-trial twitchy and lest calculated thrusts.

That being said, I'm enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!